Main Menu

Babylon 5

Started by OJsDad, June 23, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Ok I feel worse. Is that better? Perplexing...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm only truly happy when I'm curmudgeoning. 

Gusington

You are in the right place.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I guess I'm way behind. I didn't even see Babylon 1 through 4.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 08, 2021, 10:51:07 AM
I guess I'm way behind. I didn't even see Babylon 1 through 4.  :o

You didn't miss much. The first three were sabotaged by bad actors. The fourth looked like it was going to be a lot better, but was immediately pulled after first airing, for unclear reasons, and no trace of it exists now, so it's hard to say how good it would have really been in practice.

So, they tried again and again and again. But finally, they got it right.  8)

For a while anyway.

....  ^-^ >:D

Yes, this is an in-joke for fellow fans.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

More seriously: having JMS on the writing team could bode well. But he also wrote the strained (at best) season 5, and the attempts at spin-offs which reaaaaaaalllly didn't work.

And this isn't a case where having a gritty clever re-imagining of the original (like BSG) with only the basic plotline and occasional nods to the original plots, has room to work. The original BSG was a case of something that needed and deserved a highly upgraded remake to flex and play around with, and even take risks with (whether those paid off or not, though for me they generally did.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

wow you casually skipped over a lot of history as to why season 5 was what it was.  they thought the show was going to be cancelled so they crammed finishing all of the major plot lines in season 4 and then got the go ahead for season 5.  it was always planned as a 5 season show.
the movies were ok with some better then others.
the Crusade spin off was mostly a victim of several networks being involved at once in its production and eventual cancelling.  it might not be a bad place to try a re-boot.
another idea for a re-boot is an earlier conflict in humanitys going into interstellar space.
the biggest problem I have is theyre never going to recapture the lighting in a bottle duo of Lando and G'kar.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.