Great Northern War Released!

Started by rahamy, April 14, 2023, 07:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahamy

Wargame Design Studio (WDS) is proud to bring you some more quality wargaming content...today we have the release of Great Northern War!

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/great-northern-war-release

Wargame Design Studio
Operations Manager
https://wargameds.com/

Gusington

Awesome - I have always had a keen interest in this conflict.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Yep, this one intrigues me...something I know nothing about which is great to learn.

Sir Slash

I am old enough to have been there. It wasn't that great. Hopefully the game will be better.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Charles XII was a mean drunk. After a couple of mugs of Lowenbrau, he'd declare war on a Ham Sandwich.  :cannon:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

I don't have much interest in this conflict, but for some really strange reason, this release is renewing my interest in the Seven Years War and the part of it that took place in the Americas. I'm teetering on buying those two titles instead.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Seven Years War is on my radar for the summer sale, but I anticipate picking up the Great Northern War soon.  Just was hoping to see more feedback on it, which has been very light on all the various sites.  Doesn't surprise me since probably a smaller audience.  My draw to it is the fact that I know nothing about these battles and that makes me very curious about it.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 17, 2023, 09:21:30 AMCharles XII was a mean drunk. After a couple of mugs of Lowenbrau, he'd declare war on a Ham Sandwich.  :cannon:

Only in his youth.  As a teen teen in a drunken stupor he famously fed a bear so much wine it fell out of a castle window and died.  His escapades with his older friend the Duke of Holstein-Gottorp was known as the Gottorp Fury.

After that Charles refused drink, and to all accounts completely abstained from sex and is thought to have died a virgin.  He felt his one great and true calling was the waging of war and devoted his life to it entirely, refusing all other endeavors once he got a taste for battle.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Thinking of taking the plunge on this one...

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I heard it was drinking that last Silver Bullet that killed him.  :beermug[1]:

SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

Charles was one of those odd, enigmatic figures from History. Clearly he was driven by something within him. I wonder, are their any good recent books about him and his beliefs/reasons for almost constant wars? Did Chandler ever write about him?

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 18, 2023, 10:47:38 AMCharles was one of those odd, enigmatic figures from History. Clearly he was driven by something within him. I wonder, are their any good recent books about him and his beliefs/reasons for almost constant wars? Did Chandler ever write about him?

You're really going to make me get this even though I just sent enough money to buy a new car to the IRS.