To clip or not to clip...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

Nevermind him! Once I stop staring at the Bat Signal over there I may give this a try.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on September 01, 2016, 07:45:20 PM
Nevermind him! Once I stop staring at the Bat Signal over there I may give this a try.

I noticed that too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

My cat could shred a nicer looking counter than that.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GJK on September 04, 2016, 06:47:57 PM
My cat could shred a nicer looking counter than that.

and probably has!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Cyrano

This does not validate Vance's position.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

mirth

Quote from: Cyrano on September 04, 2016, 07:08:56 PM
This does not validate Vance's position.

Not in the least. That could never happen with my fancy counter trimmer!

JudgeDredd

^ I don't think anyone could disagree that the particular person that carried out that monstrosity was not practice the ancient art of clipping.

Actually that might have been performed by Barthheart - hence his pure hatred of anything clipped?  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

Crossroads

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 05, 2016, 01:01:31 AM
^ I don't think anyone could disagree that the particular person that carried out that monstrosity was not practice the ancient art of clipping.

Actually that might have been performed by Barthheart - hence his pure hatred of anything clipped?  :2funny:

Or, someone did that to one of his classics! I could totally understand where he comes from then  :knuppel2:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Double Deuce

mirth

Counter mutilation aside, it is not a great looking game.

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on September 05, 2016, 08:05:33 AM
Counter mutilation aside, it is not a great looking game.

Hush! It is not allowed to criticise Simonsen maps!  :-X
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY