To clip or not to clip...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Final results of my Wing Leader clipping. Played a couple games with my buddy the other day. Truly great game.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

How did the clipper do? I think I have the same one.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Worked slick. It's not much faster than using nail clippers, but having uniform cuts makes all the difference.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on December 29, 2016, 08:53:05 AM
Worked slick. It's not much faster than using nail clippers, but having uniform cuts makes all the difference.

With nail clippers its bound to go wrong every now and then. Or at least, less than perfect. Everyone even with a slightest OCD should definitely get the Oregon cutters instead  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

mirth

GJK

Quote from: mirth on December 29, 2016, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: GJK on December 29, 2016, 05:11:28 PM
2.5mm?

That's what I have.

Thanks Mirth.  I just got a 2.5 in Deluxe for Christmas (to go along with my 2mm and 3mm Standards).  I was experimenting with it and I'm thinking that I'll stick with the 2 for the 1/2" counters.  The 2.5 works great for 5/8".  Anything larger and I'll use the 3.  Sort of wish that I got the Deluxe in 2mm though since I clip mostly 1/2" counters.  No biggie, I've used the Standards for 1000's of counters and it's worked just fine (the very occasional miscut).
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

2.5mm?

I'd prefer the 2mm.  But there were quality issues with that size at the time I ordered, so I ended up getting a 2.5mm.  Works great too, if just a bit more rounded.

Yskonyn

I have the 2.5mm as well and use it for all size counters really.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

BanzaiCat

Maybe too large in size (3mm), but I decided to jump on the corner cutting holocaust and order a 3mm cutter today.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 10, 2017, 02:04:49 PM
Maybe too large in size (3mm), but I decided to jump on the corner cutting holocaust and order a 3mm cutter today.

:o

2.5mm is as high as I'd want to go. 

3mm may begin to make some of them start to look more circular overall.

mirth

Quote from: GJK on December 29, 2016, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 29, 2016, 05:15:23 PM
2.5mm?

That's what I have.

Thanks Mirth.  I just got a 2.5 in Deluxe for Christmas (to go along with my 2mm and 3mm Standards).  I was experimenting with it and I'm thinking that I'll stick with the 2 for the 1/2" counters.  The 2.5 works great for 5/8".  Anything larger and I'll use the 3.  Sort of wish that I got the Deluxe in 2mm though since I clip mostly 1/2" counters.  No biggie, I've used the Standards for 1000's of counters and it's worked just fine (the very occasional miscut).

I may order a 2mm Deluxe to go along with the 2.5mm

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on January 10, 2017, 03:01:13 PM

:o

2.5mm is as high as I'd want to go. 

3mm may begin to make some of them start to look more circular overall.

I want to try it on some of my larger counters, and see where it goes. If it's too much I'll get a smaller one eventually.

Barthheart

Degenerates! All of you!  #:-)

mirth