To clip or not to clip...

Started by JudgeDredd, August 31, 2016, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Windigo on March 13, 2017, 02:27:39 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2017, 02:18:16 PM
Agreed, but one does not need to mutilate their counters to make it look nice/play well. Just removing it from the sprue with a blade of some kind, I use a wheel cutter, will keep it clean and SQUARE, the way the Creator intended.

the one on the right does look really cool though...

I was going to say this but I think we're meddling with forces we don't understand

bob48

Middle one was done with clippers, but the one on the right was done with a proper tool for the job.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Open box, get counters off sprues, drink beer and game with friends - who cares if you have hairy corners

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 13, 2017, 03:54:12 PM
Open box, get counters off sprues, drink beer and game with friends - who cares if you have hairy corners

:bd:  <:-)   :clap:

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2017, 05:11:21 PM

:bd: <:-)   :clap:

This from the guy who uses a wheel cutter to punch each counter  :crazy2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on March 13, 2017, 05:18:17 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 13, 2017, 05:11:21 PM

:bd: <:-)   :clap:

This from the guy who uses a wheel cutter to punch each counter  :crazy2:

Defacement!   

Slicing those poor things up while they're still in their cardboard womb!  Monster!   :hide:

mirth

"Cardboard womb"....creepy and well played!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on March 13, 2017, 08:55:23 PM
"Cardboard womb"....creepy and well played!

I am pretty sure one South Park episode featured murdered cardboard womb baby counters.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Yskonyn

By clipping them you make em tough. I need no stinkin' pussy counters in my war! They need to be tough and ferocious and the only way to give them that is to have let them endure some pain. Clipping is REQUIRED basic training!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Crossroads

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 14, 2017, 07:50:03 AM
By clipping them you make em tough. I need no stinkin' pussy counters in my war! They need to be tough and ferocious and the only way to give them that is to have let them endure some pain. Clipping is REQUIRED basic training!

Clipping made the Game of Thrones' Unsullied into the elite army that they are  O0
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

Barthheart