U-Boot: The Board Game - Digital Edition

Started by steve58, January 03, 2023, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Saw today release is estimated sometime in middle of 2023....so a little ways off , assuming they even hit that target.  But will purchase when it dies.

Staggerwing

That cutaway view reminds me of a Revell model I built as a kid. It was of the U-47 which sunk the HMS Royal Oak deep inside Scapa Flow.

You cannot view this attachment.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

^Revell and Tamiya were my two go to model makers when I was a kid.  Good times and your post brought back memories for me.  :cool: 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Skoop

So isn't there already a uboat game with the cut away view already out there ?  How does this one top the one already out ?

W8taminute

Quote from: Skoop on January 17, 2023, 12:29:44 PMSo isn't there already a uboat game with the cut away view already out there ?  How does this one top the one already out ?

There is but that is the PC version that is not related to the board game.  This game seems to be a digital version of the board game.  They both have the name U-boat but different spellings. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Odd, could swear it was in the list of Next Fest demos earlier and was on the store page. :headscratch:

matt3916

Maybe it was this, "U-BOOT The Board Game digital companion app is a free tool designed for use with U-BOOT The Board Game. Requires physical components to play."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: matt3916 on June 20, 2023, 12:29:33 AMMaybe it was this, "U-BOOT The Board Game digital companion app is a free tool designed for use with U-BOOT The Board Game. Requires physical components to play."

Although a demo wouldn't make much sense for the companion app as it's always free to play the full version.

I am looking forward to the digital game as I believe original release date was said to be middle of 2023, but who knows if still on track as information is scarce.

undercovergeek