SpellForce: Conquest of Eo

Started by Gusington, June 23, 2022, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

Aside from the "you only have 1 Mage's tower" aspect, what does this game do differently than the million other 4x Fantasy TBS games out there?  I'm deeply intrigued, I'll admit.

Also, how many character classes can you play?  I've never been crazy about role-playing a Necromancer character.  It just brings back too many flashbacks of Alice Cooper's classic:

Gusington

^So far only three types which did seem a little limited to me but that could have changed with yesterday's big patch. Each class is extremely customizable, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

joram

It did not change with the patch.  As Gus said, it feels very chill but I really have no idea if I'm falling behind or not and that's a little scary!

Gusington

^Me neither, not yet anyway. I have it on 'explorer' difficulty' which I think is the 2nd out of 5 tiers. I am enjoying just finding things on the map and the combat. I need to figure out where and how to construct buildings for infrastructure as resources are finite and run out.

Same type of progression I did with Knights of Honor 2, but so far with no colossal failures  :3musketeer:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

OK, you bastards talked me into it.  Is there any reason I shouldn't try buying this on Green Man Gaming if I live in the US?  I'm not going to get some version of the game that talks about limey Goblins and needing to build a lift in my tower for access to the observatorium, am I?

:magnify:

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 11, 2023, 05:23:22 PM^Me neither, not yet anyway. I have it on 'explorer' difficulty' which I think is the 2nd out of 5 tiers. I am enjoying just finding things on the map and the combat. I need to figure out where and how to construct buildings for infrastructure as resources are finite and run out.

Same type of progression I did with Knights of Honor 2, but so far with no colossal failures  :3musketeer:

Infrastructure improvements are done by building rooms in your Tower. Once you get to a certain level (Ponce you have 5 rooms built) those rooms themselves can be improved. Defences for the Tower can be improved via a specific bit of research.

Always make sure you have at least one or two workers (human or dwarf) working the mines or harvestable resources as some of the tings they get for you get you great troop improvements in the crafting screen.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^So I can use units to build structures like mines, etc?

I have been progressing alright with my tower...into Tier 2 today.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 11, 2023, 11:30:31 PM^So I can use units to build structures like mines, etc?

I have been progressing alright with my tower...into Tier 2 today.

No. You can't "build" mines. Each game the harvestable resources like wheat, pumpkins etc and mounds of ore are randomly placed and you just use workers or units with the mining or harvest trait to exploit them.

The tricky bit of course is they get depleted and run out so that is why it is good to move your Tower around so fresh sources of Gold and harvestable resources are  more easily exploited.

It sounds like you have those mechanics figured out anyway though.

Are you playing with the "Goldenfields" map start ?

Gusington

^Yes I am playing Goldenfields. Not quite grasping how to harvest...it's not automatic, but I don't think I have noticed what units can harvest...?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on February 12, 2023, 09:36:28 AM^Yes I am playing Goldenfields. Not quite grasping how to harvest...it's not automatic, but I don't think I have noticed what units can harvest...?

Go to the human city to the east of the starting area. When you visit you can pick up quests and but provisions but also, once you complete some quests for them you can hire troops including workers. The workers (with pitchforks) can fight but also on wheat/pumpkins etc can harvest by putting them on the resource tile and choosing that option.

Some promotions options for units also allow you to choose the harvest ability so that unit also does it.
After 4 or 5 turns the resource is exhausted and you get a load of ingredients in your inventory which you can use for necromancy if playing Undead, or sell for gold.

Off topic I just got a Level 3 Demon fighting for me via a successful battle and now a hard ass Level 5 Human Hero mercenary who turned up at my Tower wanting help ....my other troops are all still Level 1 or 2 so this is BIG  :ThumbsUp:

Gusington

^Ah thanks. I have found that city but have not visited it yet. That city also hated me at first but by completing quests they are friendly now.

I have been leveling up my units as well, I have some trolls/goblins/gremlins at level 3-4.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Do you mean Level 3/4 Trolls/Goblins etc or 3/4 promotions ?

My Level 1 troops are still only Level 1 but have had multiple promotions so can still be useful. Level 2 and 3 troops will have 100-200 hit points each...

FarAway Sooner

I'm kind of sad that nobody took the bait of my Alice Cooper YouTube.  Maybe you guys aren't as depraved as I thought you were?

devoncop

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 12, 2023, 12:29:09 PMI'm kind of sad that nobody took the bait of my Alice Cooper YouTube.  Maybe you guys aren't as depraved as I thought you were?

Alice Cooper ?

Before my time ....was she good ?  :evil:

Gusington

I am probably more depraved than that.

Anyway I'm not sure, devon. Going to go back in now to play a little more. I have been leveling up my units but I'll be damned if I can remember if they are actually at level 3/4 or promoted  :ninjameditate:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd