Campaign Series Vietnam

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 15, 2021, 05:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old TImer

GMT has also developed a new bot flow chart and cards that greatly simplify the bot player.
You can get it from GMT.

JasonPratt

At least the night is over!

...for now...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jason Petho

The sixty-second session of A Week in Binh Long. Another few turns of the morning of Day 7. I'm having some local successes in some areas, but not the key areas yet although I do see the light at the of the tunnel. Or is that a fire? I think its fire, definitely fire. Ha! On the bright side, one of the battalions has touched down from the field north of An Loc, so hopefully next session I can start taking back that city. Loc Ninh isn't faring that well as a brand new massive attack has started. I'm also down 30,000 Points this past turn.

Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Jason Petho

The sixty-third session of A Week in Binh Long. Loc Ninh is looking worse and worse as the morning progresses. I think I will have to take some drastic measures to secure the city.  The rocket attacks are absolutely brutal, wiping out platoons left and right. An Loc is still hanging on and I have a battalion advancing from the north which will offer some relief. Lai Khe has fallen and I am saving what I can while the "cavalry" works its way south to save the day. Day 7 is hard, really hard, but fun!

Jason Petho

Here's a poster size planning map for A WEEK IN BINH LONG

PDF OF PLANNING MAP (Game map)

Jason Petho

Good day!

Here is a link to the PDF version of the pending 1.30 UPDATE manual.

CSVN 1.30 UPDATE MANUAL

Thank you for your support!

Jason Petho

Jason Petho

The sixty-fourth session of A Week in Binh Long. Let's start with the good news, An Loc has a battalion slowly advancing from the north. The first company has arrived in the northern suburbs and in the coming turns will finally make some headway. To the south, Chon Than had a sniper in the wire that was calling some mortar fire, but that seems to be fixed now. There is a task force well on its way towards Lai Khe, getting ready to recapture that, or at least start to next session. The bad news? Well, Loc Ninh is down to one hex, everything else is under Viet Cong control. I have lost access to the airfield, so I have to land any reinforcements either to the north, west or south - all about a 5 turn walk to Loc Ninh. That is the priority going forward and I am starting to transfer a battalion from the south by helicopter to help as the roads are still closed, of course.

Jason Petho

Here's a poster sized planning map for A WEEK IN MEKONG

A WEEK IN MEKONG PLANNING MAP

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jason Petho

The sixty-fifth session of A Week in Binh Long. Alas, I have lost Loc Ninh. My reinforcements didn't arrive in time and I have completely lost the city. On the bright side, I am a couple turns away from starting the counterattack with infantry that have been flown from Minh Thanh. This session found me assaulting An Loc from the north and making some decent progress as well as starting an attacking on Lei Khe. Helicopters are flying around in support of all operations today, with no losses this session - shockingly enough! There have been a couple ambushes, but I am generally starting to turn the tide. Slowly, very slowly.

Jason Petho

The sixty-sixth session of A Week in Binh Long. Around Loc Ninh I have started the attack on the Hill of Doom. This will be an interesting and deadly fight as there are recoilless rifles and machines on the hill and it is supported by mortars are rockets from nearby positions. My ammunition situation improved a little bit, which was fortunate because the day started off poorly with all the supply vehicles losses. An Loc has swung into my favour and I have secured most of the town due to some exceptional assaults and gunship action. Down at Lei Khe, the attack has started and I am curious to see how this will turn out. Exciting times indeed, although I did drop below the Major Victory threshold this turn.

Jason Petho

The sixty-seventh session of A Week in Binh Long. It is nice to have a day with some progress! I have started the attack on the Hill of Doom, it is going well so far and I managed to secure a bunker at the top of the hill. Caution against rockets though still need to be considered, meaning I will have to continually move my platoons around the hill in to avoid being hit. An Loc has been secured and cleared of the Viet Cong. I have to clear the surrounds, but that was a huge victory for this session. In the south, Lei Khe is in the middle of the counter-attack which is slowly swinging in my favour. All in all, it was a good session, with advancements in key areas and not too many surprises by the Viet Cong.

Jason Petho

The sixty-eighth session of A Week in Binh Long. As expected, around the Hill of Doom the rockets came and what a mess they caused. To the west of Loc Ninh there is a battalion sized attack happening against my troops there. I'm attempting to conduct a fighting withdrawal while the battalion attacks Loc Ninh from the south. Maybe that will be a good thing?  I hit a DRAW now in the point total, but I still have 40 turns to recover. Keep in mind that 20 of those will be at night.... without flares. An Loc has been secured, the last of the Viet Cong have been captured in the town and base. I am organizing task forces now and clearing the surrounding area. Lai Khe is going well, slow, but well. I should have that taken care of next session assuming I can continue to proceed at the same advance. It's messy, but there's progress!

Jason Petho

The sixty-ninth session of A Week in Binh Long. I'm making some progress around An Loc, the outskirts. Cleaning up and expanding the area of control, although that has come at a price. The Hill of Doom has fallen but the Viet Cong made my attack in the west of Loc Ninh run away. That was a surprise and not a good one as I suffered quite a few complete platoon losses. I started attacking Loc Ninh from the south and have run into another counter-attack. On the bright side, Lai Khe has been recaptured and I will organize those forces into a few tactical groups to start scouring the countryside. There are less than 40 turns remaining, with 20 of those being at night. I haven't increased the victory level back to a Minor Victory yet, but I started gaining points again instead of losing them every turn. Yay progress!

Jason Petho

The seventieth session of A Week in Binh Long. The village south of An Loc has been cleared! Finally! Overwhelming firepower and force does the trick, of course. That means that the An Loc area has finally been secured. Loc Ninh is still suffering a terrible fate in the hands of the Viet Cong. I will have to transfer more troops north, the troops I have there are just not enough to mount an effective counter-attack. In the deep south, Lai Khe has been cleared and a couple of task forces have been organized to start a search and destroy mission east of Lai Khe. The tables are turning, albeit slowly!