SpellForce: Conquest of Eo

Started by Gusington, June 23, 2022, 09:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

So, you have a flying base (castle) like the aliens in "Independence Day" and you go from place to place stripping resources for your buildup and research into POWER and MORE POWER...cackle, cackle.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

matt3916

Gus -- Did you pull the trigger on Shields of Loyalty?  If so, opinions?

devoncop

Quote from: matt3916 on February 22, 2023, 12:36:29 AMGus -- Did you pull the trigger on Shields of Loyalty?  If so, opinions?

+1
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

^Not yet...I am knee deep in God of War on PC right now. But...soon.

The reason I am going to get Shields of Loyalty is the gameplay looks similar to that ancient C64 game, Archon, if anyone remembers that.

One of my favorite games of all time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

But which was your favorite unit when playing Archon?  I personally enjoyed the Light side's Golden Dragon.  The ability to make those diagonal shots was killer.

He was probably just called a "Dragon" due to limitations in text field length.

When playing the Dark Side, I also enjoyed the challenge of taking out an enemy Phoenix with one of my Goblins.

Gusington

IIRC each side had a set of identical units, and then there were a few unique ones to each. I remember being fond of the gryphon, because it was a gryphon, and I also loved the unicorn because it was fast as hell and almost unstoppable.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I know Steam has an updated version of Archon somewhere... not where I can check Steam right now tho.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

The Unicorns were probably the most OP units in the game.  The light side got two of them!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Have a few hours in on this one. Liking some of the novel ideas in it. There is enough new stuff to make if pretty fresh IMHO. But also some familiar things.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 26, 2023, 04:59:42 PMHave a few hours in on this one. Liking some of the novel ideas in it. There is enough new stuff to make if pretty fresh IMHO. But also some familiar things.

Many more hours in, and I can say hands down, I like (verge on "love") this game. It has become my recent obsession. It is both familiar and fresh; a great combo in my book. Great mix of RPG, strategy and tactical gaming.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

devoncop

Agreed AT.

It has a lot to like about it.

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

FarAway Sooner

I took a break from it after getting to a "what the heck am I supposed to do next?" threshold.  I suspect that just means I'm struggling with the sandbox aspect of this 4x title.  I also enjoy a lot of things about it.

Being able to customize and upgun your wizard tower, without having to worry about micromanaging 17 different cities spanning the entire world, makes for a much more enjoyable mid-game experience.  I haven't gotten any further than that.  I wish I had a clearer idea of what I was supposed to be doing, but I suspect after a few more play throughs I'll understand the story arc better!

Gusington

^I am in exactly the same spot as you with this game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd