Upcoming SGS game "We The People" screenshots

Started by WallysWorld, March 07, 2023, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

I really like the Ageod games about the American Revolution so I'll be keeping an eye on this new game.

SGS We The People screenshots
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

This looks really interesting.

For a moment I thought you were talking about "We The People" which was later re-implemented as "Washington's War".

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/620/we-people
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DesertFox

Thanks for the heads-up, WallysWorld.  I actually went ahead and bought this game (I like supporting stuff like this when I'm actually able to).  The game is apparently available now in a kind of Beta format... the dev sent me an email after I submitted my order and gave me a Steam key and said that AI wasn't implemented yet and there's only one map, but it is fully playable in multiplayer mode. 

So if anyone else is feeling brave and wants to try out a game, I'm always up for trying out a new wargame!
"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: WallysWorld on March 15, 2023, 02:27:42 PMAnother upcoming SGS game previewed:  SGS NATO's Nightmare

Yep, I bought this in early access....it's a monster game so not sure it was a wise idea for me:)  Intrigues me though so we will see.

Senex

Quote from: W8taminute on March 07, 2023, 04:54:05 PMThis looks really interesting.

For a moment I thought you were talking about "We The People" which was later re-implemented as "Washington's War".

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/620/we-people
Long ago, in a universe far far away, plans for a computer version of Mark Hermann's design were announced by - I think - Avalon Hill's computer division.  Never happened.

steve58

Steam page is up:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/2150300/SGS_We_The_People/

fyi:  Apparently there is another "We the People" game coming soon on Steam [Hardcore First Person Tactical Zombie Shooter set in post-apocalyptic America in the year of 2028], so make sure you add the "SGS" if you're doing searches.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on April 30, 2023, 03:22:01 PMSteam page is up:  https://store.steampowered.com/app/2150300/SGS_We_The_People/

fyi:  Apparently there is another "We the People" game coming soon on Steam [Hardcore First Person Tactical Zombie Shooter set in post-apocalyptic America in the year of 2028], so make sure you add the "SGS" if you're doing searches.

You can also buy direct from SGS, which also gives you a beta key right now, for those interested.

Tanaka

Very interesting. If it is as any good as BOA2 was I will definitely get at some point.

WallysWorld

Scheduled for release on the 19th.

Here are some tutorial videos to get a feeling for the game: SGS We The People videos

em2nought

I'm feeling a bit revolutionary, might not be able to resist this one!  :pirate:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Grim.Reaper

One of those games I bought for early access that haven't really played yet....just every time I play these SGS games, the content sounds great but I can never stay interested in it for some reason.  Hoping with this one a little more manageable and understandable, I'll get to trying it at some point.  Maybe one of these SGS games will click with me.

em2nought

I kind of figure I'll play games like this if I get a really large monitor one of these days.
Stolen elections have consequences.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 17, 2023, 04:59:26 AMOne of those games I bought for early access that haven't really played yet....just every time I play these SGS games, the content sounds great but I can never stay interested in it for some reason.  Hoping with this one a little more manageable and understandable, I'll get to trying it at some point.  Maybe one of these SGS games will click with me.

+1 I am there as well.

The 'SGS way of war' has never really clicked with me. I have several titles, and just can't seem to stay interested in them while playing. Not sure why.

Anyway, I will throw in $25 (on sale) for this one. Maybe it will change my mind.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.