Main Menu

Imperator: Rome

Started by steve58, February 05, 2019, 04:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamus34

Quote from: Tanaka on May 14, 2021, 02:08:48 PM
Quote from: Toonces on May 12, 2021, 11:21:38 AM
Rome and Star Wars seem to be tough to get right.

Awakening of the Rebellion mod for Star Wars Empire at War got it right.

Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 also.
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

Alright, so Imperator is on sale for $10, and the DLC bundle is another $13.  So for $23 total, is this worth picking up or not?  I'm assuming that development is not going to continue for the title (although possible I suppose).

Actually two questions:
Get the base game?
Get the DLC too?

Or just bag it?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

nelmsm

I'd say get it.  I like it a lot as is

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

The DLC are cheap right now on sale, except for the heirs of Alexander which having been just released is full priced.

However, unless you're planning on playing one of those factions, the DLC don't add much to the game -- I'm not totally sure the Epirus update even uses its new building and unit if you're playing as someone else for example.

But if you're planning on playing one of those factions, then you get some scripting events for your campaign which help the flavor out.

If you're planning on playing as Rome or Carthage, get the Punic Wars pack.

If you're planning to play as Athens, Sparta, or Syracuse, get the Magna Graeca pack.

If you're planning to play as the Ptolemics (Egypt), Antigonids (Asia Minor), or Selucids (Persia), get the new Heirs of Alexander pack.

If you're planning to play as Epirus (trying to stake out their claim to be a true Successor State), get the duh. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tanaka

Woah look who just got a new patch:

Avē!First, I'd like to introduce myself, I am not one of the previous Game Directors, Johan or Peter, but I am Niels Uiterwijk, the original tech lead on the project. Today my role at paradox has changed as I am the Technical Director in studio green (studio working Stellaris). But still, from outer space I look back at earth and think of Imperator sometimes and decided to make a small maintenance patch, fixing some of the issues that modders & other people ran into.Without further ado, the patch notes:########################

Bugfixes####################### Notes- This patch should be save compatible, however not all fixes might be applied to your current save.# Stability & Performance- Improved overall memory consumption & performance- Improved monthly tick performance by performing some more calculations in parallel (state modifiers)- Portrait editor no longer crashes on open- Updated SDL to 2.0.20 from 2.0.10# Game Mechanic Bugs- Upped the maximum number of tags (countries) from 2048 to 8192- default pop right is now correctly working & added proper logging of pop rights- Fixed bug where unused modifiers were still being rewarded for specific missions (local & global cohort recruitment speed)As you can see, this is a minor patch, and for now it will be released as an open beta on steam & windows only. The plan is to release this on all platforms at some point in the undetermined future. Please leave feedback in the comments section, I am quite bad at replying, but I will read them.