Sierra Toy Soldier Company

Started by Gusington, December 19, 2021, 12:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Anyone here every purchase from the Sierra Toy Soldier Company? I know nothing about minis but they popped up in my email and I have been browsing their site...they have tons of impressive figures and even the predecessors of the NY State Guard unit I am currently in from the US Civil War:

https://www.sierratoysoldier.com/ourstore/pc/14BRK-005-Line-Infantry-Marching-p30523.htm

Curious if anyone has an opinion either way. They also have a lot of First World War era figures and vehicles, which are pretty pricey:

https://www.sierratoysoldier.com/ourstore/pc/WAD-001-The-Hedjaz-Armoured-Car-Section-Rolls-Royce-Armoured-Car-1613p19897.htm

Thanks all

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Never ordered from there, but those figures look quite cool and price seems about on par for pre-painted models of those sizes.  60mm is pretty big if you want to use them for mini gaming (15mm or 28mm is the standard), but if you're buying them for decoration the larger size is ideal.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Thanks man, I got a single soldier of the 14th Brooklyn, New York State Militia, which was federalized during the Civil War...direct predecessor of today's State Guard. Meaningful to me on two different levels.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

al_infierno

For a 60mm figure?  Seems real standard to me.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao