Hanover 76 cold war

Started by nevermore, November 19, 2012, 07:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

The Battle for Hannover, West Germany, 1976

The Battlefield
The battlefield has the B214 running down the length of the table, with the British being deployed up to the half-way mark and the Soviets entering the opposite table edge using mobile deployment. The game is played down the length of the table, rather than across the width. There is a hamlet along the main road. The surrounding area is composed of open fields, interspersed with gentle hills and sparse woodland.

Before The Battle
Both sides rolled for air superiority, with the British gaining the upper hand: they had partial air superiority for the duration of the battle. The British player then elected the block of flats as the location for the ambush and left three infantry units off-table in his reserve pool. The Soviet player determined his four scheduled air strikes as follows:

Another 55 photos uploaded on the website making a grand total of 110 of this battle gamed at the club, enjoy malc the manc.

1-Turn 2, woods on the left flank
2-Turn 2, church
3-Turn 3, furthest house, left of road
4-Turn 3, furthest house, right of road

upload pic

online photo storage

photo sharing sites

photo sharing sites

upload photos

free image hosting

online photo storage

upload pics

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

mirth

Great pics but I don't think the Su-27 was in production in '76 ;)

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

I'm guessing they meant it as a stand-in for the Su-24 Fencer or Su-25 since Su-27s probably wouldn't operate that low over hostile armor and SPAA/SAM any way. Good attention to detail though Mirth!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 19, 2012, 07:20:27 PM
I'm guessing they meant it as a stand-in for the Su-24 Fencer or Su-25 since Su-27s probably wouldn't operate that low over hostile armor and SPAA/SAM any way. Good attention to detail though Mirth!

I was teasing ;)  Mostly I'm jealous because I would love to play on a table like that! I love the modern stuff :)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

BTW Stagger, I love that you know the Flanker wasn't a CAS/ground-attack bird.

nevermore

The last 4 pictures were stage photos, just thought i would put em in cus they looked tasty, thanx for the comments and well spotted you know your stuff  8)