Main Menu

Necro Games !

Started by devoncop, April 20, 2022, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

In anticipation of the upcoming Steam release of Old World and to get me back into that general vibe after several years of more hardcore wargames I decided to scour my Steam library and re install Civ 5 (I know Old World has many refinements and differences but bear with me here).

On release I bounced off Civ 5 after spending hundreds of hours on Civ 4 and its stacking but in some Steam sale I evidently picked up all the exlansions for a song so decided to jump back in. I  am absolutely loving it and as I play on Epic have really enjoyed the ebb and flow of the Empires and ( up to now at least) rational diplomatic relations. It has been a revelation.

Any games you other reprobates have given a second ( or third )  chance to and found yourself in love with ?

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Geezer

I'm back playing WH40K Inquisitor Martyr after a long layoff and enjoying it so far.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

I almost...ALMOST...gave up on Three Kingdoms Total War earlier this week because of the foreign-ness of the setting and the complexity that went along with it, but I stuck with it - now at 10 hours into my first campaign - and am very much enjoying it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Yes its a bit like being in the right frame of mood for a particular film maybe to appreciate it.

Glad its not just me who makes wrong snap judgements  :)

W8taminute

I've recently resurrected Civ 3: Conquests which I haven't touched in years.  I'm also dabbling with HOI4 which I gave up on a few years ago. 

Definitely keeping my eye on Old World. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^I'm buying Old World day of release on Steam, just in case anyone had any doubt.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2022, 12:45:06 PM
^I'm buying Old World day of release on Steam, just in case anyone had any doubt.

I will be buying it on release day before you are even awake Gus.

Gusington

Are you threatening me with a good time?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2022, 02:15:43 PM

In your dreams  :hide:

SirAndrewD

This thread title had some disturbing connotations. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Father Ted

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 20, 2022, 05:16:36 PM

...which hadn't occurred to me til I saw this post.

In the spirit of the OP, I'd have to say IL2 Sturmovik (the 2000's version).  I got the demo off a cover-disc, but it was a bit choppy on my system and I wasn't that interested in the theatre, so I forgot about it for probably ten years, before getting lured into its MP world.  Now it's easily my most-played game, although I have now dropped it in favour of its younger siblings.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: devoncop on April 20, 2022, 04:34:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 20, 2022, 02:15:43 PM

In you dreams  :hide:

that was the correct response.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

devoncop

Quote from: Father Ted on April 20, 2022, 05:42:59 PM

...which hadn't occurred to me til I saw this post.

In the spirit of the OP, I'd have to say IL2 Sturmovik (the 2000's version).  I got the demo off a cover-disc, but it was a bit choppy on my system and I wasn't that interested in the theatre, so I forgot about it for probably ten years, before getting lured into its MP world.  Now it's easily my most-played game, although I have now dropped it in favour of its younger siblings.

Yes 10 years certainly qualifies as a necro gamec🙂

I just checked and Civ 5 was released 12 years ago !

The whole thing about time speeding up as you get older definitely applies with PC games.....

FarAway Sooner

Alice Cooper can do that thread title justice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwFE9tkq4KM

Jarhead0331

Well, I just reinstalled World in Conflict. This was a fantastic game back in the day and one of the few where I played the entire campaign from start to finish and was absolutely riveted the entire time. I recently learned that there is a cult community modding the game and making some pretty impressive and complex advancements. I've been meaning to post about it in a separate thread.

Also, recently reinstalled Blitzkrieg 2 anthology.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18