Slaying Heretics in the New Year

Started by PanzersEast, January 05, 2016, 01:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I was going to go the other way and 700-800 but it doesn't matter, the luftstache is timeless.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

its passed on generation by generation, one of the first ceremonies when a Bob has passed is to detatch the stache and present it to the next one in line

MengJiao

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 07, 2016, 03:07:57 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on January 07, 2016, 01:03:29 PM
Well, I am planning to bump up the erotic angle over the next year or two. 

Meng, I think bumping up the erotic angle is something that's illegal in a few states in the US.  Fortunately, that line of decency to which Gus referred earlier has been crossed so often in this thread, it's not just blurred, it's pretty much been worn out.

For me, it's about getting more regular exercise (in the age category, I'm trailing Meng and FatherTed but seem to have many of you other whippersnappers licked).  It's also about being more present with my kids (neither one yet in 1st grade).  My mom passed recently, and while I wouldn't say I'd been neglecting my kids, it's given me even more perspective on what's important in life and what's not.

I already enacted Airboy's 2016 goal (of leaving management) in 2015--easiest way to leave management, I've found, is to leave the workforce.  I'll let you guys know how that works for me.

I don't think I'll have too much trouble bumping up the erotic angle  -- its a big factor in some things I've written, just not yet in any of the novels I'm sending off to agents.  A couple of years ago agents were saying "Is this YA (that is "young adult" as in "appropriate for anyone over eight who can read a fairly simplistic novel")?"  I think I can get around that now by slipping the words "erotic" or "sexy" or "neopicaresque" or their moral equivalents into the query letters.  But of course the plots are mildly puerile in a good way, so you can't really blame the agents for hoping to sell the stuff as YA. 

Meanwhile:  exercise yes.  Working in a start-up and then joining in selling the company-- sure.  Kids -- must stop having them.  "Snip.  Snip" says the girl at the taco stand.

Staggerwing

Quote from: MengJiao on January 08, 2016, 09:51:50 AM
"Snip.  Snip" says the girl at the taco stand.

Is she hot? Maybe she's into vintage guys as long as the manseed is defused.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

She works at a Taco Stand. How can she not be hot? The question is, "How many other customers does she have"? And, "Does she take American Express"?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 08, 2016, 11:03:54 PM
She works at a Taco Stand. How can she not be hot? The question is, "How many other customers does she have"? And, "Does she take American Express"?

Ba-dum-tish!    ;D