Is Real Warfare 2 $34 good?

Started by Toonces, May 24, 2012, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on June 19, 2012, 07:23:26 PM
Ahem.

I mean, this is my thread after all!   8)

Uuuh...  I got Fantasy Wars left.

Of course, Warlock is what FW should've been in the first place.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

LOL, thanks for the offer  but I'm good, Nefaro.  But if you happen to come across a 3rd copy of Real Warfare, I hope you don't give that to Gus too!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on June 20, 2012, 12:15:54 AM
LOL, thanks for the offer  but I'm good, Nefaro.  But if you happen to come across a 3rd copy of Real Warfare, I hope you don't give that to Gus too!   ;D

You're next on the list.  ;)

I didn't realize so many ppl were holding out for this one, lately.  ;D

Nefaro

As a reminder - you may want to add Mitra's mod after you try vanilla for a bit.    He's done a good job at polishing up some things, and it's pretty much an unofficial patch IMO.

Note that the game can be quite difficult, especially starting off, and this may make it a tad more so.

QuoteUnified all my mods in one +  two additions:

https://rapidshare.com/files/946556667/mitra-rw-mod.rar

Changes:

- Is not possible to do circle if more than the 25% of soldiers is in combat, for avoid too easy circle use for avoid encirclement

- retreat zones: if a not routed grup move on the map angle, it will retreat from the battle like a routed unit; for campaign battle at place of retreat button

- no more displayed the red bases on the enemy units

- now if a group is not visibile on the minimap will be invisible also on the battle map

- the fire on enemy units is stopped if they are in melee with friendly units; the only exception is in the case of short range fire (aimed shoot) if no friendly soldier is in the fire arc)

- implementation of wood zones density: effect on FOW range and visibility, effect on arrows precision, effect on movement velocity

- indirect fire penalty: if between the shooter and the target a friend unit is present the shoot is considered indirect and has precision penalty, with the exception in the case target friendly an shooter are at different height level.

- change of arrows precision on the base or arc and target rank numbers: if the shot is parabolic a bigger number of ranks increase the hits number, a low number decrease it; if the shot arc is low it works at contrary.

- Displayed the influence range of commander: Press X for display it

- Displayed the range of maximum influence of horn sound: Press CTRL+X for display it

- Routines for AI group actions:

Groups form Circle with attacked by Cavalry or a Cavalry unit is very near

Groups go in sparse formations if under fire and not enemy unit is very near

Groups enter in dense formation during the melee

Groups return in normal formation in the ohter situations

- added new routine for AI cavalry groups

Groups form Wedge for attack heavy infantry or heavy cavalry

form line for attack light troops

They try to avoid infantry troops in circle formation

if between the target enemy and the attacker there is a heavy infantry unit the attacker is fall back.

- added new routine for crosswbowmen

now they move with loaded weapon and recharge it also when there is not enemy in range (lock and load)

-  various corrections to previous change

- corrected bug for use the mode in multiplayer

- improved auto-reaction of AI cavalry units (they don't avoid to attack low moral units or thin ranks units)

- AI employ different army formations on the basis of army composition

campaign changes

- possible to play campaign and custom battles with more than 20 units

- when a castle or cities is taken is possible a reconquest army is generated in one of enemy cities, this army will try or to reconquest the town\castle or to defeat the conquerors army

- when a village is burned, if in the town\castle of reference for the village is present a lord\warband\patrol army this will try to defeat the ravagers army (can be the army which attack is less strong than the ravagers).

- added a file config for generate bigger random map (for custom battles and campaign battles); the possible dimensione are 256x256 (the default of game),320x320,384x384,512x512). Enter in the file modsettings.cfg in the gui directory and change the parameters width and height according to your choice. Please note to use the 512x512 only if you have a good memory amount becuase can be heavy to load.

addition after the merge

- reduced the effect of stone weapons on the walls, for increase the value of ladders,towers and rams, and for be more historically realistic.

- added the deploy phase also to field battle during the campaign (no siege battles)

Gusington

Nefaro if you emailed my something I did not receive it. Not to be a curmudgeon or anything.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2012, 10:24:11 AM
Nefaro if you emailed my something I did not receive it. Not to be a curmudgeon or anything.

Hrmm.. I just check GG and the game is no longer on my list. 

Is it in a Spam folder??

I'll check with GG and see if it got done.

Nefaro

Here's what it says on it, under my "previously gifted" list.

Gift Card to Pending           Today

Must be a slow process.   I'll find out either way;  I put in a ticket.  :D

Gusington

^Thanks. Not in a spam folder or anything. Sorry for this...I feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2012, 01:21:15 PM
^Thanks. Not in a spam folder or anything. Sorry for this...I feel like I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth :/

LOL.  No, not at all.  They've not even sent you the gift horse yet!  They need to get their shiz working faster.  ;D

Gusington

^Thanks man. I've been looking forward to this game for a while as you know.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Nefaro on June 20, 2012, 01:46:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2012, 01:21:15 PM

LOL.  No, not at all.  They've not even sent you the gift horse yet!  They need to get their shiz working faster.  ;D

Not to worry, Neffy.  Gus needs to go through his elaborate Gussification rituals before he'll fire up the game anyway.  Could take weeks for him to gather the required Tomes of Prima and Osprey and desktop wallpaper featuring burly Teutons waving their spears and magic helmets.

Gusington

^Dude that's exactly what I do. I just can't switch gears that quickly. I'm old...nay, olde.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 20, 2012, 01:59:07 PM

featuring burly Teutons waving their spears and magic helmets.

Were magic "helmets" even available for putting on your spear back then?