Main Menu

FarCry 3

Started by Tpek, November 29, 2012, 11:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

RooksBailey

There's an interesting making-of doc here:

http://youtu.be/WfjbMc32GRM
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 21, 2013, 02:20:21 PM
WOW! I hate to say this - but they've just screwed this game up (for me at least)

Nothing - but NOTHING - kills a game for me quicker than making me play, replay and replay a mission.

I've got to a part in the game that I just can't seem to get by - I've played the mission more than a couple of dozen times and I am TOTALLY bored with playing it.

Sure this is frustration - but it's just one of those missions - I can't stand them - where there's just no let up.

A while back there was a game - the name escapes me - which had difficult missions - but if you couldn't do it in your current state - after a few tries it gave you full health back...and enabled you to complete the mission.

But - and I NEVER thought I'd say this - I've put the game down and will likely not touch it for a week or so.

Bad UBI.

I am finally getting through the game myself.  But am getting very frustrated with the missions...they take you from open world to bottleneck rail arcade game too many times.  The fact that in some of the missions you really can't do anything other than "mash" the space bar...and if I don't do it just right, are stuck and can't advance, just feels stupid.  So the game takes you from having to think your way through a complex compound attack....to then hanging on your ability to "mash" keys on time like in guitar hero. 

Yes, a great game is nearly ruined by this stuff. I am half-way through and about to put the game down for good.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JudgeDredd

^ stick with it - after my initial bitch, the game turned out superb. I do love games with a story though and I actually found jumping in and out of the story refreshing...open world to rails to open world.

Quite samey I suppose would be one of my very few criticisms - but the story kept me going and I completed it.
Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

I also quite enjoyed Far Cry 3. A few of the story missions are obnoxious (That stupid  >:( stealth nonsense sneaking underground...HATED IT), but the game overall was a lot of fun.

Besides, where else can you experience your best laid plans falling apart because the guard dogs at the outpost piss off a bear who decides to attack you?

W8taminute

Agreed.  It is a fun game.  The 'Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?' speech is alone worth the price of admission. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

TheCommandTent

Quote from: W8taminute on August 29, 2013, 06:37:20 PM
Agreed.  It is a fun game.  The 'Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?' speech is alone worth the price of admission.

Definitely a good speech and the last main mission was just pure fun to play.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."