It's beginning to look a lot like FRIDAY!

Started by MetalDog, December 20, 2013, 06:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The last Friday before Christmas has everyone looking forward to holidays, parties, family gatherings and long hours spent by the glow of your monitor as you push your pixellated heroes around the digital board!  Some of you may be working their last day before a long winter break and watching the clock on the wall, counting the seconds to quitting time.  I hope that's the case for more of you than not.

In any event, the weekend is here and it is time to game!  Warlock has sucked me in again with twenty three hours played in the last two weeks.  I will be at it again this weekend.  I may meet a friend, or two, on the 18th century battleground of Age of Empires III.  And of course, Civ IV is always an option.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Shelldrake

I have to make a real effort at Christmas shopping this weekend but will find time for some more Shadowrun Returns. I am really looking forward to some quality gaming time over the break.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

FlickJax

Blooming Heck WoTs has 2*XP and increased crew experience for every battle this weekend :( will I ever stop playing!!!!

Bison

I'll be getting my Sith on in between honey-do-now-or-the-freaking-world-nay-the-entire-universe-and-all-alternate-universes-will-come-to-a-horrible-cataclysmic-end-right-freaking-now-list of chores.

Darkspire

Thought I would give Distant Worlds a spin and work through my new Monster Magnets CD's, rip and tag.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

BanzaiCat

Maybe some iPad or phone games...I've got a 20-hour drive we're starting on later tonight. Once we get there I'm not doing anything but sleep all weekend.

MengJiao

Quote from: Shelldrake on December 20, 2013, 07:20:15 AM
I have to make a real effort at Christmas shopping this weekend but will find time for some more Shadowrun Returns. I am really looking forward to some quality gaming time over the break.

Not much gaming in store: my wife's family is coming for a week and some of them will be in the Manloft all the time.  They will want to play Settlers of Catan.

But until then maybe some RoF and Caesar in Gaul.

tgb

More Rome II, some Aarklash Legacy, continuing the Barbarossa campaign in Unity of Command, I'll probably take another shot at Cthulhu in Elder Signs:Omens, and of course that holiday favorite, Let's Check Steam Again.

Kushan

Unfortunately my vacation doesn't start until Tuesday, but after that I'm off until after New Years.

Crusader Kings 2 - I'm going to be starting a new game as the Hapsburg's and try and lead them through both CK2 and EUIV. May try and do an AAR documenting the rise (hopefully) of my hapsburgs from simple a German count to the emperor of the world ;D. Going to use vanilla for this play through. I tried a couple of different games with the CK2+ mod, but I think its a little over done for my taste's. Some of the things they've done breaks the immersion for me.

Hearthstone - With the way work has been for me, Hearthstone has turned into my go to game to relax since I got beta access last weekend. I haven't played a CCG type card game since Magic when I was in middle school. Even then Magic never clicked with me. But for some Hearthstone has really clicked with me, and its something more then having played WoW for 6-7 years. I think it because there is no real downside to losing. Games play out so quickly, on average 10-15 minutes, that if you lose you can just jump right back in without feeling like you've wasted a half hour or more for nothing. And games never get into a stalemate where both sides do some sort of turtle strategy. I have a mix record so far. I've had games that where close right down to the end, I've had other games that one side was losing and then got a lucky draw or two and pulled victory from the jaws of defeat.

Diablo 3 - Since Blizzard has failed to give me a Reaper of Souls beta invite, an over sight on their part I'm sure, I'm going to spend some time with the v2.0 patch on the player test realm server.

Command - Now that the v1.02 patch is out, I need to finish my US carrier strike group import/export files. The official US web pages for them have been down for a week or two which prevented me from working on them until they came back up

FC:RS - Defend Fulda from the soviet hordes.

Rome 2 - Continues my game as the Romans using the Magnar mod.

There maybe some some Distant Worlds or Skyrim in there as well,

And at no point will I look at the Wasteland 2 or Caesar in Gaul pages on Steam.....I sear I won't.....
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

Around the usual festive duties (wrapping, meeting Santa, meeting GF mk III's grandparents) i hope to be playing -

Finishing off the CMANO tutorial and starting on a small scenario - im tempted to try and create a post Falklands 82 invasion of Argentina scenario

Rome II - very happy with first 2 hours of Carthage playtime, considering a restart and trying my hand at a narrative AAR

Watching Steam like an eagle, what for ive no idea, but watching

Badgering Mikeck about Rebirth to see if its worth a punt yet

Grim.Reaper

A few things....

- Front Office Football
- Title Bout Boxing
- Wings Over Flanders Fields

These are my goals, but I do have some holiday shopping to do which may limit my time....

Sir Slash

I finally got the Germans on the run in CMFI the Troina campaign and we got to climb a mountain now. And I'll be seeing if I can help Ceasar straighten-out Gaul in CIG.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Nothing for me.

Finish work today, then Christmas drinks tonight with work, pack tomorrow and off tae Bonnie Scotland until next Friday - coming back all full of fire!
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 20, 2013, 11:15:28 AM
Nothing for me.

Finish work today, then Christmas drinks tonight with work, pack tomorrow and off tae Bonnie Scotland until next Friday - coming back all full of fire!

if we let you back in!!  :P

Anguille

Have some plans for my holidays...

I intend to play mostly the Darkstar One campaign and Armada 2526 Supernova on my gaming laptop. On my netbook, i will continue my Romulan Campaign in Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, my Conquest Frontier Wars campaign, Botanicula and Broken Sword 3.

As soon as i install the new desktop (windows 7) as main home computer (my old xp desktop will move to my "office" for mostly gaming purposes), i will install Grand Ages Rome and play that one as it deserves to be played. Stil have to buy a new monitor.