Couch to 5k

Started by BanzaiCat, February 12, 2014, 08:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

You don't want to look like uberconnected internet soldier with boom mic, oled monocle, wired gesture glove?
:-X
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

Nobody took my ridiculous to the absurd? How sad. What about a 6" radar dish on beenie to top off the running suit?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

"keep it secret. keep it safe."

Gusington

Loose lips and all that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I got 3 posts into this thread and cracked open a beer.

Im really trying to break that 185 lb barrier.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

^ I broke that in high school. Didn't start putting on extra weight though until I got married.

My wife went to over 300 pounds a few years back, but she got a lap band and dropped half of it and she looks and feels great now. (Yes, in both senses of the word "feels." ;D )

I won't do the surgery route, though.

Steelgrave

Congrats to you guys! As of this morning I've dropped to 213 from a high of 285 a few years ago, from size 48 pants to 40. I keep having to buy new clothes, but it's a good problem to have. My goal weight is 200, which fits my frame well. I can't run for sh*t though, never could even in high school, lol. Maybe that's why I was a lineman and not a running back  8)

Gusington

Damn you guys must be pretty tall. My fattest ever was 155 and I was quite the disaster. Now I'm 140 and...less of a disaster. But as everyone knows I am...not tall :) 15 pounds is a big deal when short!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I'm with Steelie, running is for being chased or zombies.  I don't run.  My high was 220, which was last year.  I am down around 200 now, which is where I have been for most of the last fifteen or twenty years.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^That's a cop out. Until 2012 I said that all the time..."I don't run." Until I finally got sick of getting heavier and just started to run. If I could do it, anyone can.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

MD, I was 306. Three. Hundred. And. Six. Pounds. (Not stone.) At the beginning of the year.

I've since dropped to 286. If *I* can do Couch To 5K, ANYONE can.

MetalDog

I appreciate the encouragement fellas.  Part of it is my knees aren't what they could be.  Most of my adult life has been spent at jobs that require me to be on my feet all day.  My current job gets me around ten to twelve miles a day walking.  Not continuous, mind you, but exercise nonetheless.  Besides, that metric crap always confused me.  Isn't 5K like five thousand miles or something?  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

and I'll play soccer, hoops, racquetball, volleyball, you name it all day long.

But just running for the sake of running?  I better be getting laid when I get there.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers