WarNo by Eugen - aka WARGAME 4

Started by Destraex, December 17, 2021, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I think you got what Eugen intended you to get out of their statement which is good. A lot no doubt will not and that is the worry.
I think Eugen should have been serious and professional about an apology. Cracking jokes about costing your customers extra money opens them to a lot of criticism and their is no need for it.

The end result of this "light hearted, good natured" screw up, is that early access fans "will" now spend more than they should have to in order to get future content. Some no doubt will not be amused with the "funny" office antics excuse, honest or not.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

undercovergeek

On the flip side of that I'm sure there are many including myself who will want the game (I have it since very early access) because of its subject, genre and studio and don't really care about all the behind the scenes antics

It's a game they want at a price they'll pay - it doesn't matter if there's non funny jokes about what went wrong

al_infierno

I guess it's a difference of perspective because the way I see it, they're a small studio, it was an honest mistake and not some "gee whiz we mismanaged our business and have to charge you more so we don't lay off our staff" kind of situation. I'm willing to cut them slack and be forgiving about their goofy tone.

Getting the game at a lower discount is a bummer for sure, but it's not like that money's getting burned in a pit or going to a Nigerian prince -- it's going to the people who made the game to support further development. I'm sure an extra ten bucks or whatever isn't going to break anybody's bank who was set on picking this up no matter what.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

I am glad you boys understand. I am a big fan of Eugen and know their unique sense of humour pretty well, so it's no big deal for me either. For a few of my friends it will be as they have strict gaming budgets and for those that were already opposed to the endless DLC model Eugen uses it will also be.
 The last thing that bummed me out about them was when they said map making tools were coming to steel division 2. They made it into WARNO though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Isn't this the same Eugen that was all but accused of treating its employees like Roman era slaves resulting in a Spartacus-like revolt?  I think some former employees probably would feel like the "coal shed reeducation camp" joke isn't that far off from the truth. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18