DIABLO IV - Announced!!!

Started by CJReich46, November 01, 2019, 01:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Never played any after Diablo 1.  I wonder how much they spent on that trailer.  Very impressive. 

CJReich46

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 03, 2019, 03:40:17 AM
That trailer scared the crap out of me  :hide:

Ditto.  :hide: I mean there's some parts of Diablo 1 that had my skin crawling even Darkest Dungeon has that effect.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Pete Dero

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/205255/diablo-iv-confirmed-as-online-only

During a panel about the game an answer from lead designer Angela Del Priore confirms the game will be online-only. "We are not going to support an offline mode," Del Priore said. "But as I said before, nothing in Diablo 4 is going to require partying up. You can play solo and dungeons are private. Campaign quest areas will remain private." GameSpot has separately confirmed this with Blizzard, adding an endorsement of the plan, saying: "At BlizzCon, we played some of Diablo 4 and felt that the 'live' aspect of the game introduced something new to the franchise."

Tpek

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 04, 2019, 03:45:38 AM

During a panel about the game an answer from lead designer Angela Del Priore confirms the game will be online-only. "We are not going to support an offline mode," Del Priore said. "But as I said before, nothing in Diablo 4 is going to require partying up. You can play solo and dungeons are private. Campaign quest areas will remain private." GameSpot has separately confirmed this with Blizzard, adding an endorsement of the plan, saying: "At BlizzCon, we played some of Diablo 4 and felt that the 'live' aspect of the game introduced something new to the franchise."

Diablo 3 is already like this.

smittyohio

Quote from: Tpek on November 04, 2019, 09:31:54 AM

It's too bad they didn't make the console games online only...  people easily figured out to hack it, and cheating was rampant. 

Tpek

Quote from: smittyohio on November 04, 2019, 05:00:49 PM

It's too bad they didn't make the console games online only...  people easily figured out to hack it, and cheating was rampant.

I've only played the PS4 version of D3 a bit (got it originally because it supported couch multiplayer), but is it really fully offline singleplayer and you can cheat in it???

smittyohio

Quote from: Tpek on November 04, 2019, 05:18:03 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on November 04, 2019, 05:00:49 PM

I've only played the PS4 version of D3 a bit (got it originally because it supported couch multiplayer), but is it really fully offline singleplayer and you can cheat in it???

If you play offline, and don't want to cheat, you're fine.  But if you go online and get into a game where someone is cheating, it can affect you also.  One example is someone using an experience cheat... you could inadvertently gain hundreds of levels quickly by being in the game with them.

JasonPratt

"GameSpot has separately confirmed this with Blizzard, adding an endorsement of the plan, saying: "At BlizzCon, we played some of Diablo 4 and felt that the 'live' aspect of the game introduced something new to the franchise."

That sounds like code for microtransactions!  :bd: :dreamer: <:-) :2funny:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 04, 2019, 06:45:17 PM
"GameSpot has separately confirmed this with Blizzard, adding an endorsement of the plan, saying: "At BlizzCon, we played some of Diablo 4 and felt that the 'live' aspect of the game introduced something new to the franchise."

That sounds like code for microtransactions!  :bd: :dreamer: <:-) :2funny:

DiabLoot Boxes.

Yskonyn

The cinematic trailer is truely awesome and unsettling!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Martok

Well, scratch this game off my watch list.  (Hey, I've got plenty more still waiting to be played.)  Thanks, Pete. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

So who is planning to buy this as official release is on June 6th, unless you purchase one of their upgraded packages to get early access on June 1st?  Although I just recently purchased version 3 a few weeks back when on sale, didn't get time to play it much...but with all the hype, I got sucked into a pre order and currently pre loading right now.

No idea if it will click with me but initial reviews seem favorable.

Bardolph

I broke my usual rule and bought the pre-order and played through the two "betas". I played Diablo to the end back in the day, and I bought 2 and 3 but never really played them so my only real reference is the first game. So having said that, I had fun in the two beta sessions, played 2 characters to 20 or 25 or whatever the goal was and am looking forward to playing the full game on release. I don't have any pre-conceptions from D2 or D3, so I just played what was in front of me and I had fun. It's not my usual fare, and won't likely end up on my greatest games list, but I think I'll get my $$$ worth out of it.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Groggy

I pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition, so I'm very much looking forward to playing it this weekend. I played both beta sessions with the sorceress and had a blast. I very much like the dark and moody aesthetic of this new Diablo compared to Diablo 3.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman