BROKEN ARROW - the new Red Dragon, better than regiments? FOOTAGE inside.

Started by Destraex, December 15, 2021, 08:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I have to say, now that WARNO has got a map editor I am kinda more excited about that. I will of course give this a go just to see how it goes. WARNO is so darned polished.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

rss334

Quote from: Destraex on January 31, 2024, 04:08:38 AMI have to say, now that WARNO has got a map editor I am kinda more excited about that. I will of course give this a go just to see how it goes. WARNO is so darned polished.

Wait .... What?
Warno got a map editor?  How I wish they would have done that in prior games (red dragon the best, steel division 2 follows for me).  I'm like MEH.... on broken arrow it looks and plays like games we already have, never bought WARNO because was not really interested in this time period and prefer WW2/I.   BUT with a map editor that may change my mind.  I'll probably try open beta of broken arrow, uninstall it, and then buy WARNO because I'm a collector more than a player of games :)

Did WARNO have destructible buildings?  Does broken arrow?   

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: rss334 on January 31, 2024, 09:15:29 AM
Quote from: Destraex on January 31, 2024, 04:08:38 AMI have to say, now that WARNO has got a map editor I am kinda more excited about that. I will of course give this a go just to see how it goes. WARNO is so darned polished.

Wait .... What?
Warno got a map editor?  How I wish they would have done that in prior games (red dragon the best, steel division 2 follows for me).  I'm like MEH.... on broken arrow it looks and plays like games we already have, never bought WARNO because was not really interested in this time period and prefer WW2/I.   BUT with a map editor that may change my mind.  I'll probably try open beta of broken arrow, uninstall it, and then buy WARNO because I'm a collector more than a player of games :)

Did WARNO have destructible buildings?  Does broken arrow?   
WARNO's map editor has been released but is beta I believe. Not sure if anybody has created any maps with it yet as I have been concentrating on war thunder. I plan to go back to WARNO soon though.
The other sad thing that is confirmed is eugens best game, steel division 2 will not be getting the map editor they were looking at it for many years ago. Not will steel division 2 be getting a remastered version in the warno engine. However eugen are releasing at least one more map for steel division 2.

What I realised while writing this is that warno may have the opposite problem to steel division 2, plenty of maps and not enough units because of its very narrow time frame focus. Which i know sounds funny as cold war was much longer thsn ww2.

Destraex

I agree their are some really cool things in Broken Arrow but in general WARNO is better. I have only played one game of the new multi demo so far.

As feedback for the WARNO devs;

* I like the way you can retire transports and bring them back again if they survive and would like this in warno.
* I like the way you can choose your shells and vehicle mods/upgrades in decks but that's not a really amazing feature i'd like in warno
* I like the way aircraft are a pay full price to bring on once and then retreat them and if they survive pay to bring them on again. This is a feature i'd like in warno and would prevent the plane train games and stop the games where planes with their unlimited offmap supply can come on endlessly for free.
* I like the way the infantry look and move better than warno
* The way you can load trucks with what you want to bring in is great especially with SUPPLY. I love the way supply works. You load a truck with as much supply as you can afford and bring it in and unload it and send units back to get from the supply dump.
* I love the way you can upgrade your kit while building a deck.
* The units are exciting and modern which makes a nice change. It did not feel as clunky as before but is still missing a lot.
* I love that you can bring on vehicles on their own if you want.
* I like the broken arrow smaller SD2 style objectives so far as well.
* Jet height control and pilot attitude display is great
* Unit cards are amazingly well done
* I love that infantry seem to have cover even in open fields (not sure if this means the enemy can't see them though). It feels initially at least like infantry will be a lot more useful because of the rubble and cover they can utilise. Perhaps I am also being led by the fact that infantry don't simply look like blobs that always do the same thing together as a vehicle would. I need to look further into this as I may be giving broken arrow more credit than it is due here (after playuing only one game)

WARNO though is a lot more advanced than it's "competitor" at the moment and certainly much more realistic in terms of things like ranges as far as I can tell. I can already tell that this is going to be divisive among friends. Hopefully WARNOs map editor makes a difference with more diverse and interesting maps coming our way.
Also since Broken Arrow has hitpoints and now WARNO has them for tanks that levels things a bit in the gaminess department for the two.

Destraex

We were winning and even raiding the enemy rear fairly successfully, 3 minutes to go.

3 minutes later...