Warhammer Age of Sigmar Realms of Ruin: RTS announced

Started by Destraex, May 27, 2023, 07:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

This game was announced recently and got me excited. I was thinking Dawn of War 1 or Company of Heroes.
But upon looking at the trailer I was wondering what I was looking at.

Apparently Age of Sigmar is some strange twisted form of Warhammer Fantasy, where medieval lore with monsters which was warhammer fantasy now kinda gets turned into some other world of resurrected warriors and hero based play with tiny armies? Thus age of sigmar reminded me more of an old RTS game called Demigod where powerful heroes and their insignificant minions faced each other. Would this be an accurate depiction?

Realms of Ruin look more like an arena style MOBA to me which is where DOW3 failed. By that I mean that the game seems very focussed on heroes with very small retinues supporting them AND did not really resemble any army tactics or formations which you would expect from a sword and shield style army.

Their is some commentary at the end of the trailer as well which really lead me to believe that the developers are not really knowledgeable or passionate about their subject matter and in all likelihood have no idea how armies in real life worked or want to know. That was my very negative impression. Take from that what you will.

It's good to have more RTS games. Homeworld3, Company of Heroes 3, Age of Empires IV and such still coming out. Although this one, the game trailer I mean, gave me the corporate vibes more than most. I think this game wants to be world of warcraft and it seems like that's what the devs are thinking of and are probably fans of.

Realms of Ruin is by the Elite Dangerous & Great War Western front studio which are both pretty innovative and good games. So here is hoping it's a good game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1844380/Warhammer_Age_of_Sigmar_Realms_of_Ruin/

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

The BETA is available free to play on steam this weekend.

Destraex

Well it wanted to link a frontier account or something so I am not bothering.
It always annoys me when a company makes you jump through hoops.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Destraex on July 07, 2023, 07:44:32 PMWell it wanted to link a frontier account or something so I am not bothering.

CMON DESTRAEX it's a multiplayer demo!!!!

Multiplayer!!! You should be drooling like a crazy person

Destraex

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 08, 2023, 02:42:48 AM
Quote from: Destraex on July 07, 2023, 07:44:32 PMWell it wanted to link a frontier account or something so I am not bothering.

CMON DESTRAEX it's a multiplayer demo!!!!

Multiplayer!!! You should be drooling like a crazy person
I know. But this was one I was only luke warm about to being with. My moral break roll is set very low for this title and I broke at the first sign of effot :P