Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekim

And what if Apocalypse is running a voodoo 3dfx for a gpu?

JudgeDredd

I started playing this again. I had given up because at some point I went to go into it and it couldn't load my save - resulting in a restart, which I thought was crap so rage quit.

But I decided to embrace the game and start the campaign again and I totally forgot how enthralling and down right immersive this game was.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

A common gripe of ARMA 3 is that it is "poorly optimized", "laggy" and runs "like a slide show". While I have no doubt many people have these issues, I just don't see them. It's the smoothest, best optimized game since the first ARMA. Nevertheless, these complaints will continue, and I suspect worsen with the release of Tanoa.

When I read some of the vitriol on steam and in the Bohemia forums I'm actually embarrassed for humanity.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bboyer66

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 10, 2016, 05:55:32 AM
A common gripe of ARMA 3 is that it is "poorly optimized", "laggy" and runs "like a slide show". While I have no doubt many people have these issues, I just don't see them. It's the smoothest, best optimized game since the first ARMA. Nevertheless, these complaints will continue, and I suspect worsen with the release of Tanoa.

When I read some of the vitriol on steam and in the Bohemia forums I'm actually embarrassed for humanity.

It runs pretty decent on my GTX 970. Hoping to score a GTX 1070 today, and really crank up some of the settings.

Jack Nastyface

Haven't read the Bohemia forums, but I've only ever encountered lag when on-line.  Sure, I do get some klipping when "turn out/ in" in a vehicle, but that' for a second and things go back to normal.  Really, an outstanding game.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Toonces

Hey, for those of you guys enjoying King of the Hill servers, I just installed the 1944 mod for it.  It's pretty fun, certainly a bit of a change of pace from the normal KotH. 

You have to install a mod called IFA3LITE (easily found on the Steam Workshop via search).  Simply subscribe to it, allow it to download (about 2.2GB), enable it and you'll be able to join the KotH 1944 servers.  It plays exactly like regular KotH but with the Iron Front skins and gear.

I still completely suck at KotH, but now I suck dressed in German kit!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I'm really hoping those KotH devs make some maps using Tanoa.  I'd also love to see a Vietnam version running Unsung...not sure if that's even in the works, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Bohemia released most of the new kit, weapons and vehicles for the upcoming Apex DLC to the development branch. The new aircraft are awesome with VTOL/STOL capability and each one comes in infantry and vehicle transport variants. NATO even has a spooky gunship variant. Awesome!  I like some of the new gear options for the Nato, like low visibility/stealth camo and some ballistic mandible guards for the helmets. Most significantly, Infrared/heat sensing technology for NVGs.

I also like the new drones, especially the NATO rotary wing drone, which is impressively armed.  Not overly excited for new ground based vehicles or small arms, but what is there is well done, as is typical for all official content.

Really happy with this DLC overall.

Official release date is 7/11/16. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

No idea on how/why it happened, but after watching the vids by FrankieonPCin1080p using ARMA 3 as a basis with some intense zombie mods, I say that I've got to get into this game.

Wowsers.

Grim.Reaper

Sorry if I missed it....but besides content additions, are there any new campaigns and/or missions included with the new DLC?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 14, 2016, 06:10:26 PM
Sorry if I missed it....but besides content additions, are there any new campaigns and/or missions included with the new DLC?

Yes. 4 person co-op campaign.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

^ We should try to get together and do that sometime, JH.  Maybe recruit a few other Grogheads to participate.  I have some free time coming up in July...   :coolsmiley:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on June 14, 2016, 07:01:31 PM
^ We should try to get together and do that sometime, JH.  Maybe recruit a few other Grogheads to participate.  I have some free time coming up in July...   :coolsmiley:

Hell yes! Count me in!!!

I'm spending a lot of timing doing recon on the Tanoan Islands from the air, on land and on sea. I'm even going to do some exploring under the sea. When the combat begins I'm going to know that island inside and out. It's a really great map with some very unique terrain in the ARMA world.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

If the timezone wasn't such an issue I would have hoped to join you. :(
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

I would join bar two reasons...

• Time difference
    it normally means I might get to start playing about 9pm...and I get tired early nowadays
  • Hold you back
    I'm pretty crap, so you might as well leave grenades, ammo, weapons at home and just fill up on medikits!
Alba gu' brath