Main Menu

Star - Friday

Started by Anguille, September 27, 2019, 06:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I am taking five bottles of scotch (4 of which I got a week ago in Scotland) to a buddy who has a bunch of single malts he wants me to try.

I'm also reading game rules this weekend.

Sir Slash

Scotch and Game Rules, clearly a Renaissance Man.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

Busy weekend so not much gaming going on. Next week out of town for work so I don't expect much then either.

Gotta get it while it's hot and put it away for when it's not.
When dongles fly? - mirth

bobarossa

Quote from: Rayfer on September 27, 2019, 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 27, 2019, 12:54:54 PM
To commemerate the start of WW2 I played HOI4 as Poland.  After finishing I discovered the Black Ice mod and expect to continue exploring that this weekend.  At least when I'm not helping my brother recover from a leaky roof that killed his PC last weekend.

I'd be curious of your thoughts on HoI4 Black Ice mod.  It got such rave reviews that I tried it, but to me it was a micro-management quagmire.  Then maybe it's just my 68 year old brain not willing to give it the effort it deserves?
Not so much a quagmire as just unnecessarily complex.  Hard to grasp the best path with all those tiny% modifiers in the focus tree.  Enjoying it so far (Aug 39) but then I'm weird.

Blucher

I have alot of pbem's going
WITW - Tunisia scenario
Tillers Danube Front 85 - Ardennes of the 80's
TOAW IV Tournament - Tobruk 41
Crusader Kings Board Game
Warrior Knights Board Game

Other then that I started a new campaign in Baldurs Gate.
And I might mess around in Witcher 3.

Sir Slash

I need to get back to BG. I hear Minsc calling my name. "Don't teach my hampster to suck eggs"!  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

New Rig on route. Arrives tomorrow.

So this last weekend of the PC 2008 The Potato, I thought since I grabbed Freespace 2 for free on GOG.com I would actually play it.

I don't have a stick. I am flying with the mouse and keyboard and its just great.  I might have to get Beyond The Red Line Mod for this.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on September 27, 2019, 03:47:38 PM
Dominus Galaxia
Nice!  Have you been in the beta for a while now?

I've had access for some time now but haven't played it that much yet. It's very MOO1.

Ubercat

Quote from: airboy on September 27, 2019, 05:38:50 PM
I am taking five bottles of scotch (4 of which I got a week ago in Scotland) to a buddy who has a bunch of single malts he wants me to try.

What scotches are you taking and do you know what he wants you to try?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

airboy

Quote from: Ubercat on September 29, 2019, 07:27:00 PM
Quote from: airboy on September 27, 2019, 05:38:50 PM

What scotches are you taking and do you know what he wants you to try?

Ended up trying very few of his Scotches.  He likes uber-peaty Scotches which I think taste like ashes.  We did try McCallan 12 year which is very good.  Plan to get a fifth next time I'm in Georgia.

I brought:
Loch Fynne - which is very good.  I brought a fifth back from Scotland.  Cannot get it in the USA.
Inchmurrin 12 year (Loch Lomond Whiskey) - which is superb.  Wonderful.  Cannot get it in Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina or Virginia.
Inchmurrin 18 - Excellent, but I prefer the 12.  Cannot get it where I travel.
Inchmurrin Madeira Wood Finish- They age it in wine barrels.  I prefer McCallan 12 year which is also aged in Port Barrels and is readily available.

So I've found something I adore - Inchmurrin 12 year old which I cannot obtain without going to Jacksonville, Florida.

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on September 29, 2019, 04:03:03 PM
Quote from: Martok on September 27, 2019, 03:47:38 PM
Dominus Galaxia
Nice!  Have you been in the beta for a while now?

I've had access for some time now but haven't played it that much yet. It's very MOO1.
Yeah, I think that's one of the reasons it appeals to me.  Too many devs have tried to recreate MOO2 (which I still think is overrated, and/or enjoys mass selective nostalgia).  Seeing a fresh , more updated take on the original MOO is great to see. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces