Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Thanks FAS, it's tough being alone and clued out, but we can work through it together.  :Party:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

In actual news, I guess: I saw where Ukraine acknowledged they were the ones who zorched the Kerch bridge the first time back in July, with a prototype of their lowprofile explosive drone boats.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Business Basics has an interview with Jason Jay Smart (no relation  :Nerd: ), a frontline correspondent for the war, talking about... well, a bunch of usual topics, tbh.

Ignore the usual clickbaity thumbnail title. He isn't arguing the war is over.

Twas a good interview, tho!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Con

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 18, 2023, 07:06:55 AMhttps://twitter.com/i/status/1692422168301236226
I am surprised that even with an ejection system that someone got out of that alive.  Between the hit and the helicopter nosing over there must be less than half a second -  Pretty impressive reaction time from whoever punched out that it was time to go

Gusington

Another very good video from CaspianReport reminding everyone that this war goes far beyond Ukraine...it's from last year but the main points still hold.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Windigo

That PT-91 was really hauling ass. Wiki says max speed 60 kM/hr..... I think they were doing that + as they exited the area.

Tank crew continuing to fire going forward saying F-you when the shells started falling around them.

It looks like a RPG was shot at them (halfway through the video) - I wonder if they saw that
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Con

I li
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 17, 2023, 08:19:19 PMBusiness Basics has an interview with Jason Jay Smart (no relation  :Nerd: ), a frontline correspondent for the war, talking about... well, a bunch of usual topics, tbh.

Ignore the usual clickbaity thumbnail title. He isn't arguing the war is over.

Twas a good interview, tho!
I like his assessment. Logical and rationale. The guy interviewing g him was a bit crap though
Con

GDS_Starfury

training in Poland.  it slips my mind how big these things are.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1692963846611218758

Pete Dero

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/18/us/politics/ukraine-russia-war-casualties.html?referringSource=articleShare

The total number of Ukrainian and Russian troops killed or wounded since the war in Ukraine began 18 months ago is nearing 500,000, U.S. officials said, a staggering toll as Russia assaults its next-door neighbor and tries to seize more territory.

The officials cautioned that casualty figures remained difficult to estimate because Moscow is believed to routinely undercount its war dead and injured, and Kyiv does not disclose official figures. But they said the slaughter intensified this year in eastern Ukraine and has continued at a steady clip as a nearly three-month-old counteroffensive drags on.

Russia's military casualties, the officials said, are approaching 300,000. The number includes as many as 120,000 deaths and 170,000 to 180,000 injured troops. The Russian numbers dwarf the Ukrainian figures, which the officials put at close to 70,000 killed and 100,000 to 120,000 wounded.

These are numbers you would expect to read in a book about WWII, not in a newspaper in 2023  :embarrassed: .

WAR !
What is it good for ?
Absolutely nothing !