Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Raied

steam page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/549080
Release date is 1st May. also there are many details about the game including the manual in dogs of war forums.
Day one purchase for me :)

jomni

Well it looks like GT to me.  Why call it a different name?

RyanE

I still like the topic, but the features listed seem to be straight out of the Mius Front page.  If that's the case, wouldn't this be better as a DLC?  I might have missed some key new feature though.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RyanE on April 26, 2017, 07:10:09 AM
I still like the topic, but the features listed seem to be straight out of the Mius Front page.  If that's the case, wouldn't this be better as a DLC?  I might have missed some key new feature though.

Possibly...then again, totally new maps and terrain, totally different OOB and new beligerants. I can see the logic for either approach.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

RyanE

Its not the approach they took with GTOS.  All the maps, regardless of terrain, were under the one engine.  All the OOBs were mixed in.  I very much like that approach better.  The current approach seems to be more like BFC's CM2 approach of multiple game engines and modules for each engine.

jomni

Quote from: RyanE on April 26, 2017, 07:31:15 AM
Its not the approach they took with GTOS.  All the maps, regardless of terrain, were under the one engine.  All the OOBs were mixed in.  I very much like that approach better.  The current approach seems to be more like BFC's CM2 approach of multiple game engines and modules for each engine.

That's right.  They even stuffed varied Cold War theatres in GT.  Anyway.  They can do whatever floats their boat...

Jarhead0331

Yeah. True.

Being that this is being published by SF, I wonder if that has something to do with the decision.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

acctingman

Man, that's a gorgeous looking game. Too bad I have ADD  :crazy2:

Hofstadter

Im gonna stream this bad boy as soon as it releases, will post the details in the forum when I get an idea of an exact time
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 26, 2017, 08:05:05 AM

Yeah. True.

Being that this is being published by SF, I wonder if that has something to do with the decision.

Ah maybe you'r right.  Can't have Graviteam in the title I guess.

Rayfer

Quote from: Hofstadter on April 27, 2017, 06:32:09 AM
Im gonna stream this bad boy as soon as it releases, will post the details in the forum when I get an idea of an exact time

Please do Hof, I look forward to it.

Thomasew

Hi,

Just a word of caution to anyone wishing to purchase this game .. Windows 7 is NOT supported.  :(

.. either Windows 8.1  :o .. or Windows 10.

Strange decision on Graviteam's part, .. given that Windows 7 is still the pre-dominant OS .. at this time.

I don't have Windows 10 installed on anything powerful enough to run a Graviteam game, ..

.. so, I guess I wont be playing tomorrow, when it releases ..  :(

Disappointed, .. I am ..  :tickedoff:

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win