Chicken Sandwich Wars

Started by steve58, September 10, 2019, 04:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I'm OK with that! Thanks for the heads-up Steve.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT SINCE THE LAST WAR, A WENDYS OPENED UP LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES AWAY FROM ME! :D :D :D

...not that a forty-minute round trip to eat at Wendys seems like a winning proposition. But we do pass by it with some frequency, including at meal time, so I'll keep this in mind.  O0

(Cue a memory of one of my urbanite friends snorfing about people in the country complaining about having to drive 45 minutes to go to the movie theater or eat out. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

And we have a new entry into the CSWs...Taco Bell.  That actually looks...good. +1 for spicy  :coolsmiley:  Not sure my heart/veins will like it, but pretty sure the stomach will.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/taco-bell-debuts-chicken-sandwich-taco-because-hey-everyone-else-is
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

I'm always very suspicious of fried (or breaded) chicken at non-chicken-specializing restaurants.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

From where I am sitting right now, the above pic looks delicious.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I can't do Jalapenos. Not even little, cute friendly ones. They smile at me on the plate then turn into raging volcanoes once inside.  :hide:  Killer-penos might be more accurate.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 22, 2021, 08:07:16 PM
you people eat badly.

My bad eating counter balances my bad drinking.   :P
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

jamus34

I do like a good spicy chicken sammich.

We've been trying to go to Nashville for vacation twice now and both times didn't work out. I don't give an f about the music, I'm all about the eats. Hattie B's is on my "must go" list.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Our local Publix has excellent Spicy Chicken Wings, nice and crispy, juicy, and not terribly expensive. The problem is they're SO spicy they kill my guts. No sauce on them but some kind of spicy pepper or something in the breading. They're hot while you're eating them but once inside, they become nuclear. Too bad cause I love 'em but can't eat them.  :'(

Gusington

^That is the saddest post I have read this morning.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 23, 2021, 11:29:45 AM
Our local Publix has excellent Spicy Chicken Wings, nice and crispy, juicy, and not terribly expensive. The problem is they're SO spicy they kill my guts. No sauce on them but some kind of spicy pepper or something in the breading. They're hot while you're eating them but once inside, they become nuclear. Too bad cause I love 'em but can't eat them.  :'(

I do love lots of spicy foods, but they don't necessarily like me.  I use lots of Pepcid.  :(

88mmkwk

OFF-TOPIC:  While it's not a sammich, these bad boys are what I hit up when I'm jonesing to sit in an ice water bucket later in the day...  And I maximize the pain scale by flipping the can upside down and shaking it first to bring Dante's inferno to the top of the can.... My stomach hates and curses out my taste buds...

Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Sir Slash

There's a line about hot chili-pepper nuts there somewhere.  :coolsmiley: