Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

That's what the duck in my pool tells me everytime I go out and get in. Bastard.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2023, 12:37:57 AMwater is worth fighting over... always

We in the US Southwest know nothing about that.  The bounty of the Colorado River is infinite...

:huh:

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

I think whoever perpetrated the drone attack on Moscow is bound to someday author a book called "30 Megabytes over Moscow", where s/he spills all the details on what actually happened.

The only pictures I've seen from Tokyo look more like the buildings in question were targeted by a savage bottle-rocket attack.  There are some burn marks a couple feet wide near the top of one building, but I don't even see any broken glass.

From a PR standpoint, it's actually a brilliant move.  Don't actually hurt anybody, but get Russian civilians worried about the Ukrainian war so that they start insisting that Russia move military assets to defend civilian populations everywhere.

Similar to the Belgorod attacks, the tactical implications of these strikes is negligible.  But, if the news make it into Russian information spaces (has it?), then the strategic implications of these attacks start to matter.

It's worth keeping in mind that the Russian civilians have faced far worse at the hands of Chechen terrorists.  More than 300 Russians were killed in 1999 when Chechen terrorists attacked 4 different apartment buildings.  In 2002, another 120 Russian hostages were killed in a Moscow movie theater stormed by Russian special forces.  In 2004, 333 people (including 187 children) died in the Beslan School incident.  The Russians saw similar attacks on a Metro Station in 2010 and an airport in 2011.

Judging by the response of the Russian people, they came out of these attacks believing fervently in Russia's imperial destiny, as witnessed by their widespread support of the 2014 partial annexation of Ukraine and the 2022 invasion. 

Still, if it draws Russian military resources far away from Ukraine, it's a great move.

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt

Hey, any comfort the (relatively) fixed positions can get, helps the fixed positions take out the targets!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

The umbrella is also appropriately colored.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Where's the wading pool for their feet?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 30, 2023, 11:40:28 AM
Quote from: Windigo on May 30, 2023, 12:37:57 AMwater is worth fighting over... always

We in the US Southwest know nothing about that.  The bounty of the Colorado River is infinite...

:huh:

Self-Aware Ironic Sarcasm detected.   :notworthy:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

Zeihan comments on how the current situation relates to the strategic value of that canal which supplies the agricultural water for Crimea:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

A Ukraine vet argues in favor of Leo1 over Leo2 tanks in the theater. (Not that Leo2s will be trash of course.)

JasonPratt

Business Basics looks at the feasibility of claims by the Ukrainian military leaders, that they'll effectively take control of the Crimea in 5 to 7 months (after about half the video setting up the historical situation):

Skip to 10:45 for the meat.

Gusington

Even though the threat of nuclear escalation seems to be fading right now, I wonder if Ukraine taking back Crimea would make the Russians rattle their nukes again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd