Main Menu

Ready or Not

Started by Jarhead0331, April 29, 2021, 05:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Devs say the takedown was due to an IP claim regarding assets in the latest supporter update and that the game will be back on Steam once the copyrighted materials are removed/edited.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 18, 2022, 02:25:05 AM
Devs say the takedown was due to an IP claim regarding assets in the latest supporter update and that the game will be back on Steam once the copyrighted materials are removed/edited.

It's interesting that their first official posted message indicated it was a technical Steam issue.

Grim.Reaper

Regardless of the issue, looks like it is back in the store.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Turns out the name and appearance of the nightclub they used matched a real world one in the UK so they made some changes.

The patch with the new levels dropped today.  I tried the nightclub level a couple of times.  It's very challenging.  Trying to spot baddies around the dance floor with all the lasers, smoke, and flashing lights is very difficult (although they have no problem spotting you),  and the rhyming music means cities don't hear you yelling at them to get down.  They seem to like running through lines of fire and getting dropped

Jarhead0331

1.0 is out and it is absolutely GLORIOUS. Definitely sets a new standard for single player action, squad and NPC AI and attention to detail. I'm having a blast!

A couple of bugs here and there like minor technical glitches, but overall a very solid release and very engrossing game. Its like Swat 3/4 on steroids.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Digging it a lot, though I do wish you could just go ahead and play any mission in Practice mode instead of having to unlock them.

But yeah, aside from a few minor missing features like being able to pick an entry point, this truly is the SWAT 5 we've always deserved.

EDIT - I just noticed you can host a multiplayer game and see all the missions.  Some of them do have entry points!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on December 13, 2023, 05:48:55 PMDigging it a lot, though I do wish you could just go ahead and play any mission in Practice mode instead of having to unlock them.

But yeah, aside from a few minor missing features like being able to pick an entry point, this truly is the SWAT 5 we've always deserved.

EDIT - I just noticed you can host a multiplayer game and see all the missions.  Some of them do have entry points!

Maybe sometime when I feel ready, we can get some Grogheads co-op going? I'm thrilled they put so much love, time and effort into the single player game, but clearly co-op is the way this kind of thing is intended to be played.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

I'm definitely up for it.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Skoop

I love this game, played it all through early access.  The squad ai makes for a really fun sp experience. 

One thing I wanted them to add was 2 player co-op and still have AI members.  It seemed you either had to have all or none in MP / co-op.  Ideally, it would be great if you and your buddy each had a an AI team to work with.

Still a great game though, fire fights seem really intense and realistic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Update is still updating for me but I'm looking forward to getting back into the game.

This and Zero Hour are my go-to tactical shooters these days.

Gusington

Can this be the game that finally revives Grogs online gaming?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 13, 2023, 08:05:11 PMUpdate is still updating for me but I'm looking forward to getting back into the game.

This and Zero Hour are my go-to tactical shooters these days.

I haven't touched Zero Hour in ages, but I liked Ground Branch pretty well.  Ready or Not blows both those games out of the water though.

- MengJiao

mbar

I play Zero Hour a lot. I just wish it would save my weapon loadout mission to mission.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I just started the RoN tutorial.  It's been quite a while since I played.

I had it so that I could scroll through team command options via the mousewheel before but now I can't find the option to do that.  Mousewheel now controls team selection instead.  Is there a way to rebind mousewheel to cycle through commands?  I can't seem to find it and I'm finding the current system kind of unwieldy.