Main Menu

Fantasy Baseball 2020

Started by MetalDog, March 02, 2020, 08:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Alrighty, fellas.  It's that time again, Fantasy Baseball season!  I am trolling for players.  Anyone interested go ahead and PM me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

I just want you to know that we had a family trip to Tampa this past weekend to see Yankees spring training and my older daughter got David Cone's autograph.

As you were.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Been to that stadium.  Walking in from the parking lot, we went over a footbridge outside the stadium.  Not 20 feet from us was Randy Johnson throwing a bullpen session.  At the Twins Spring Training facility, I saw the Yanks.  Their on deck circle wasn't 10 feet from the foot of the box seats we were in.  I was 10 feet from A-Rod, DJ, Sheff, and Matsui.  It's not autographs, but, I'll take it.

Gusington

We were hanging around in the field just off the batting practice area by that same footbridge hoping to see some players but we got there about five minutes too late.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I've been to a few Spring Training stadiums.  The Yanks digs look more like a major league park than any of them.

MetalDog

Still looking for several team managers.  Anybody that would like to jump in, and has the time and stick to it, PM me and I will send you the link.

MetalDog

In 1988, I bought my first Fantasy Baseball primer and gathered friends and family for our first foray into fantasy sports.  From that day to this, a new baseball season always offers new hope for my favorite real team and the prospect of all the awesome seasons coming from old and new players.  This article runs the gamut from the beginning of fantasy sports in 1980 in the first Rotisserie League to today, trying to build the greatest fantasy roster of all time.  It's pretty awesome.

https://sports.yahoo.com/project-goat-review-building-the-greatest-rotisserie-team-of-the-fantasy-baseball-era-145238901.html

As an aside, I am holding off on the draft until we know when the season is going to start.  I will keep you posted.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: MetalDog on March 19, 2020, 07:27:37 PM
In 1988, I bought my first Fantasy Baseball primer and gathered friends and family for our first foray into fantasy sports.  From that day to this, a new baseball season always offers new hope for my favorite real team and the prospect of all the awesome seasons coming from old and new players.  This article runs the gamut from the beginning of fantasy sports in 1980 in the first Rotisserie League to today, trying to build the greatest fantasy roster of all time.  It's pretty awesome.

https://sports.yahoo.com/project-goat-review-building-the-greatest-rotisserie-team-of-the-fantasy-baseball-era-145238901.html

As an aside, I am holding off on the draft until we know when the season is going to start.  I will keep you posted.

I have never played Fantasy Baseball, but would be interested once things get back to normal...baseball-wise.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MetalDog

Do you have any fantasy sports experience?  It certainly isn't rocket science, so, even if you're a fantasy virgin (I can't believe I just typed that), it can be a lot of fun.