What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: airboy on March 03, 2016, 07:03:41 PM
Why the hate for Del Ray?

I meant his personal publishers, not Del Ray. I've had a run-in or two with them.

Gusington

Ooh I have To Hell and Back on my to-read queue...what do you think of it so far mirth?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 03, 2016, 08:44:09 PM
Ooh I have To Hell and Back on my to-read queue...what do you think of it so far mirth?

One of the most engrossing books I've picked up in awhile. Remarkably easy to read as well. Kershaw does an excellent job of exploring the political underpinnings of Europe during the period. Some of his lines of reasoning are refreshingly different from conventional wisdom.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

He is a kick ass writer. Maybe I should move it up in the queue.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 03, 2016, 08:57:02 PM
He is a kick ass writer. Maybe I should move it up in the queue.

Not a terrible idea  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Only about 90 pages or so. Just finished with WWI. The political upheavals are about to begin.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Ludendorff was a real asshole.

bbmike

About to start My Enemy, My Ally by Diane Duane for the second time since 1984. It's mirth's fault.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Gusington

Lumberg Ludendorff says 'yeah if you could take out the Russians by 1917 that would be GREAT.'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

<snicker>

Quote from: bbmike on March 04, 2016, 05:29:23 PM
About to start My Enemy, My Ally by Diane Duane for the second time since 1984. It's mirth's fault.
Good luck, bbmike!  Here's hoping you enjoy it more this time around.  The Rihannsu novels are almost certainly my favorite Star Trek series. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces