What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Semicolons are for pussies. Just write separate sentences!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on January 31, 2017, 08:09:42 AM
Semicolons are for pussies. Just write separate sentences!

So says the semicolon hater. :P

airboy

I completed Lord's Pearl Harbor book, "Day of Infamy." 

It read like a Turtledove book with real people.  Very light on any planning/strategy and very heavy on random US people who were impacted.  It did capture the chaos and confusion of the response and aftermath.

It was a $1.99 Kindle deal.  This was not as strong as Incredible Victory (Midway).

Greybriar

Semicolons are for pussies; just write separate sentences!

Fixed that for you. ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Semicolons are for pussies; just write separate sentences!

FtfCRAP, NINJA'D BY GB!  :2funny:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

For realz, semicolons are like celery as well as like underwear on Star.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Knights of the Sea - The True Story of the Boxer and the Enterprise and the War of 1812
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

The Dark Side of the Enlightenment: Wizards, Alchemists, and Spiritual Seekers in the Age of Reason by John V. Fleming
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Knew you'd be the first to reply ;)  Jumped out at me in the library when I returned a book on wars of liberation. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Only about 20 pages in.  You can definitely tell he was an English professor at an Ivy League school.  He liberally sprinkles 50 cent words in all he writes.  He's giving some background on the Enlightenment and what it was.  There are chapters on three individuals, Valentine Greatrakes, a.k.a. the Stroker, Count Cagliostro and Julie de Krudener.  I have to admit, I've heard of none of them.  There are also chapters on the Convulisionists, the Rosicrusians, the Freemasons, and the Three Occult Arts.

Staggerwing

Wow indeed. I'll have to add that to the pile on the virtual night table. I've been meaning to get back into a DaVinci Code escapist frame of mind.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Seems very high brow for me...have you read The Magic Circle of Rudolf II by Peter Marshall, MD? If you like the above, you'll certainly like this one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd