What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

JH please post impressions on Hue 1968, I've had my eye on it for a while.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Now reading Tragedy of the Templars - I think the author's name is Michael Haag.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Can't find the post in the thread...wasn't there a title on the Eastern Front in World War 1 that was recommended recently? I thought I added it to my wish list but it's not coming up.

BanzaiCat

Was it 'Collision of Empires?'

Gusington

Prit Buttar (the author) comes up quite a bit here so it probably was Collision of Empires.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I just this morning pre-ordered his 4Th and final book of WWI on the Eastern Front, "Splintered Empires- The Eastern Front 1917 to 1921". It's due out Sept. 19th. I can't wait.  :bd:   The other 3 were great for anyone interested in this theater and time.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 30, 2017, 03:48:51 PM
I just this morning pre-ordered his 4Th and final book of WWI on the Eastern Front, "Splintered Empires- The Eastern Front 1917 to 1921". It's due out Sept. 19th. I can't wait.  :bd:   The other 3 were great for anyone interested in this theater and time.

Crap. I'll probably be ordering the first 3 tonight.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'The Armoured Campaign in Normandy, June-August 1944' by Stephen Napier.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

Ohhh. That sounds good. How many pages Bob?

bob48

It's in excess of 400 and an interesting read so far.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

besilarius

Just saw this review.

https://www.strategypage.com/bookreviews/1537.asp

Sounds good for understanding ancient warfare.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.