Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The article also mentioned that the arty stored there was for U.S. use in the event of Mid-East war. I imagine there would be a very great need for that ammo given the potential history and present conflicts in that region. Maybe the Ukrainians will give it back if we ask them nicely.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

I'd rather they give it the russians.  :evil:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 18, 2023, 02:57:59 PMI wish the NATO leadership on both sides of the Atlantic were leading public opinion on the armament of Ukraine, rather than following it.

Good point.  I think (though I have been mostly wrong about everything in this war), things have reached a kind of
turning point because:
a) The Russians are working on seriously mobilizing their conventional forces (this means they have actually given up on the nuke option)
b) The West is seriously addressing the need to deter Russia overall by arming Ukraine (meaning the overall Russian threat to the West overall has finally gotten through to places like Sweden)
c) Russian threats have ceased to be about NATO and now are seen (by places like Sweden) as being absolutely
unacceptable and completely destabilizing for everyone
d) the Russian Nuke threat appears to apply only to retaliation for major attacks on the Crimea, meaning they have calibrated that down and accepted that hanging on even to Crimea is getting problematic

So maybe things are changing ...sort of for the better if the West starts seriously arming Ukraine

JasonPratt

I can't wait to see what kind of hellish logistic problems Russia is heaping upon itself by going to a higher mobilization.  :evil:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

With 'higher mobilization' what number of troops are the Russians aiming for?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2023, 09:26:54 AMWith 'higher mobilization' what number of troops are the Russians aiming for?

Shortly before the start of the new year, Putin announced that he wanted to increase the number of military personnel from 1.15 million to 1.5 million.

Sir Slash

Do you get the feeling that everyone in Russia is just playing along with Putin thinking in a year or so he'll be in KGB Heaven and then they can put everything back the way it was before he rode horses topless? Probably a lot in the West planning for the same thing. What if his doctors are better than we think?  :doh:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I thought I read about that 1.5m number but wasn't sure.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I remember reading somewhere recently that he was adding 500K. So that sort of fits.

I noticed President Z was speculating whether Putin was dead already or in final incapacitation, although he admitted there was no direct evidence of this.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

now that vatniks are putting Pantsir on top of government buildings in moscow...  :ROFL:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

the more I read the more it looks like Poland just doesnt give a fuck about Germanys opinion on the tank matter anymore.

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 19, 2023, 11:01:50 AMI remember reading somewhere recently that he was adding 500K. So that sort of fits.

I noticed President Z was speculating whether Putin was dead already or in final incapacitation, although he admitted there was no direct evidence of this.

Here's an article with the 1.5 million man end strength number for the Russian military: https://thehill.com/policy/international/3816314-russia-lays-out-plans-to-boost-size-of-military-to-1-5-million/

Here's a report with a 500,000 number  https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/is-putin-about-to-gamble-on-a-second-mobilisation-wave/

There are reports the call up may be 700,000, but this "could" combine the normal spring draft call up with an additional call up/mobilization: https://nypost.com/2023/01/18/russia-readying-quiet-mobilization-of-700000-troops-report/
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^Thanks Tripoli - any links on Putin's possible 'death'?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2023, 12:11:02 PM^Thanks Tripoli - any links on Putin's possible 'death'?

Ukrainian President Volodimir Zelensky questioned at the World Economic Forum whether Putin is still alive. "I don't really understand who to speak to," he says of possible negotiations.

"I'm not sure that the president of Russia - who can sometimes be seen on television somewhere - is the man to be negotiated with. And that he is still alive," Zelensky said during a video conference.