Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Apologies if this has been posted...it's a YT of the strategic opening 6 weeks. Very interesting

Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the video.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

well, after fucking around for way to long and for no fucking reason  other then he's an east german shit, the German chancellor has authorized the release of 12 Leo 2a6 to the Ukraine as an initial batch.
not A4s.... a6s.  :ThumbsUp:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

It's about time. Will be interesting to see the response from the Kleptocracy. The political commentators are going to have an apoplectic mouth foaming fit.

And now what will Poland do? They have been sitting on their hands for a while with their armour. Shit they are probably loaded on transports already.

And please please please have great thermals!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 24, 2023, 01:24:18 PMhow soon for the M1a2s?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/poland-formally-requests-german-permission-to-send-tanks-to-ukraine-11674558492?mod=hp_lead_pos1

Soon

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/24/politics/us-abram-tanks-ukraine/index.html

The Biden administration is finalizing plans to send US-made Abrams tanks to Ukraine and could make an announcement as soon as this week, according to three US officials familiar with the deliberations.

GDS_Starfury

between Spain, Poland, Finland, Denmark, the Netherlands and Germany were looking at just shy of 100 Leo's.  the Dutch want to buy 14 more and just give them to the Ukraine.
that first night engagement is going to be real fucking eye opening for the soviets.

Skoop

It'll be nice playing Ukraine scenarios in steel beasts while operating leo2s, chally2s, and even M1s with Ukraine flags.  Tired of driving that Russian crap.

FarAway Sooner

I wonder how they'll integrate those weapons packages together?  My sense is that it makes a lot more sense to try to keep the US weapons systems "together" (e.g., Bradleys and M1s and Strykers and US artillery) than to peanut-butter them across the larger Ukrainian army, but I also know that some of those systems will be up and running a lot faster than others.

I honestly don't understand why it's taken us (the US or the rest of Europe) this long to do anything.  It's been pretty clear since Bucha that the only language Putin & Pals understand is the power of strength.  I do wonder if we're worried about any advanced systems making their way into Russian (and thence Chinese) hands?  I figure that is bound to happen if we commit them to war.

Gusington

Threat of nuclear annihilation.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Oh pish-posh, nuclear armagedon is highly overated. Mind you I say that living in a country that won't attract that many nukes.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

^It won't matter where you are if Putin is feeling cornered and testy and has a bad day.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

I understand that they want to do everything that they can to avoid playing Global Thermonuclear War.  I just don't understand why giving tanks to Ukraine seems more likely to trigger that.

I understand why they haven't given them ATACMS, although that's not a policy that I support, either.  But tanks?  We didn't even give them any stinking modern AFVs until a month or two back!

Gusington

We don't really know how insane Putin is...his lines in the sand change every day. If the first heavy tanks deploy on a day of lesser clarity for him, well...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Im really not to worried about russian nuclear threats right now.