Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groggy

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 08, 2023, 11:34:34 AMinteresting, I'm reading the same book right now.
anywho...

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/ukraine/what-russia-got-wrong-moscow-failures-in-ukraine-dara-massicot

Well done article and a great job breaking down the analysis. Dara is a good follow on twitter.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: GroggyGrognard2022 on February 09, 2023, 08:28:33 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 08, 2023, 11:34:34 AMinteresting, I'm reading the same book right now.
anywho...

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/ukraine/what-russia-got-wrong-moscow-failures-in-ukraine-dara-massicot

Well done article and a great job breaking down the analysis. Dara is a good follow on twitter.

Yep.  I rearlly could not picture what went so wrong with the Russians' initial attack until I read this.

GDS_Starfury

what the brochure says:

what reality is:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

To be fair, that design is one big shell trap for creating hammer throws. There wasn't a penetration at the point examined.

Actually, looking at both photos, there's a small hole underneath the crosshairs of the undamaged photo! I wonder what that's for...? Wait, is that the pipe hole for the photos we saw last year, where tankers were cooking food in a makeshift cylinder grill??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, in breaking news, Russia temporarily runs out of prisoners or something!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-s-wagner-mercenary-group-says-it-s-no-longer-recruiting-convicts-this-may-signal-a-shift-in-strategy/ar-AA17i5Qa?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=d1ea8a64027a4993ac6ab967d92514a4

Considering Russian history, I'm sure this will be quite temporary...  :evil:  :HideEyes:

"Summon the ghost of Beria! We need two million prisoners in the gulags by next year, for some cough intense lumberjack training!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Is it me or do all tanks look nice and shiny albeit maybe a bit muddy when they are alive but as soon as they die they instantly turn into rust?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

I feel like the guy in that pic has killed many Russians wearing those Adidas.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Gusington on February 10, 2023, 09:15:58 AMI feel like the guy in that pic has killed many Russians wearing those Adidas.

I'm pretty sure that those are Pumas. 

The shoes, not the tank.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Dang, you're right!  I should've used some Google fu before going all smart-ass.   

:submarine:

Best pair of soccer shoes I ever owned was a pair of Puma Kings that I bought in the summer of 1987.  I can remember all sorts of obscure song lyrics from bands like Heart and Jefferson Starship, why can't I remember what the Puma logo looked like in the 80s?

Gusington

That's why I love this place...we go from tank armor discussions to sneakers in under a minute.

Full disclosure: I have never owned a pair of Pumas.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Me either, I'm a Converse guy. And I've killed many a Happy Hour in them but no tanks.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd