Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 02, 2023, 03:03:30 PMIt hadn't occurred to me before that Reactive Armor may be no good against even a small kaiju...

NAFO Beaver. You pronounced this nonsense, not me. Also, NAFO Beaver is non-negotiable.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

.....North Atlantic Fuzzy Organization?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 03, 2023, 07:23:28 AM.....North Atlantic Fuzzy Organization?

Just in case you're not (yet) familiar with the North Atlantic Fellas Organization, now you are. NAFO expansion is, indeed, non-negotiable.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

Oh, now that you mention it, I have heard of that occasionally in passing! I didn't quite know what I was hearing, but I understood the context to be comic.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 03, 2023, 08:16:33 AMOh, now that you mention it, I have heard of that occasionally in passing! I didn't quite know what I was hearing, but I understood the context to be comic.

Yes, context is often comic, as bullies hate to be ridiculed, but as the Wiki article quite well describes NAFO, it is about information warfare against Russian disinformation and propaganda on one hand, and raising funds to support Ukraine on the other hand.

"I need ammunition, not a ride", president Z said, allegedly at least. So why not. Saint Javelin webstore has received quite a few of my hard earned dollars for some witty stickers and a most cool NAFO beanie sent my way. Recommended.

That said, I mostly choose to support Ukraine via UNICEF and a monthly donation there, a more adult and effective way to do it I am sure.

But, that-said part 2, a Press Z quote as above, as a sticker on one's laptop, is not a bad thing either :Nerd:

Sir Slash

Too many new things to keep up with.   :headscratch:  I'll be in my cave if you need me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Ah, but what if the NAFO Beaver's name was Boo!  :Nerd:

Sir Slash

Then he would be a Miniature, Giant Space Hamster and just eat the Russian tanks. THAT I would pay to see.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

so theres a part three of the video where UkAF tanks assault a trench line.
and by assault I mean they roll right up and bury everyone in it and some people get stuck in the tracks.
which is why Im not posting it but I did enjoy watching it.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Sir Slash

I can't wait to see the Beaver Counter when this war gets wargamed.

GDS_Starfury

Crossroads

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 03, 2023, 09:45:16 PMI can't wait to see the Beaver Counter when this war gets wargamed.

Two Beaver Troops and one Raccoon Troop, attacking from opposite hex sides, easily overcome a ruZZian Mech Bn, even when entrenched  :knuppel2: 

Windigo

There is a reason why the beaver is a national emblem of Canada.

If the AFU were truly serious though they could have lured it away with a goodly amount of poutine laced with maple syrup.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

I don't think Ukrainian Beavers go for lures. I think they only go for...THE THROAT! Or points lower.  :HideEyes: