Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, out of curiosity, what's the current status on theories for who blew up the bridge? I think video evidence clearly shows something edging up under the detonated area moments before the explosion, but I'm unsure how clearly the actual detonation fits that vector (i.e. was that coincidentally something else? Or multiple explosives potentially or actually?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I'm thinking for the right price, we could hire this Summ-Bitch to fight for us. Everybody who hates Putin, imagine what it'd be like if this guy was in the Kremlin.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

And now they are publicly stating they are giving up on Bakhmut????

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Windigo on May 05, 2023, 09:41:48 AMAnd now they are publicly stating they are giving up on Bakhmut????

It might not be so much of a trap. 

They were being paid, by the mile to capture Bakhmut.  They will by May 10 accomplish that, they have functionally done so already. 

Wagner has by all measures accomplished what it was contracted to do and I feel Prigozhin wants to preserve his personal Army for the coming upheaval post Putin's death.

Of course it's also a play to get a new contract, more power, more logistical support ect. 

It also is a very public demonstration that Prigozhin doesn't do what anyone tells him, and he's not afraid of window adjacency. 

So, while I don't expect Wagner to be truly done with the war effort, I don't think this is some master strategy by the Russian high command either.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crossroads

Quote from: Gusington on May 05, 2023, 01:16:13 PMWindow adjacency?
In Russia, drinking tea, or being in a high-rise building with windows can prove fatal.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Also being on a yacht, as a popular recent retirement alternative.

Thus my occasional joke about how some Russian klepto-gang leader better watch out being near a window on his yacht!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

FarAway Sooner

The Public Prigozhin Spat is interesting to see, at the very least.  It's too early to tell what (if anything) it really signifies, but it sure is fun to speculate.  I have no idea how many Wagner troops are currently in Ukraine.

Gus, as for your earlier question, we've noticed a high correlation among Russian public figures between window adjacency and altitudinal defenestration.

Even as these guys all take shots at each other, nobody's taking shots at Putin and nobody's taking shots at the justification for the war in Ukraine.  That suggests that there is still rigorous control of the Russian information space, even if it is being a bit more critical of the conduct of the war. 

SirAndrewD

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 05, 2023, 03:05:16 PMI have no idea how many Wagner troops are currently in Ukraine.

Estimates are around 50k.  They likely are down to a 30k or so that are actually able to fight.

That number however mostly consists of conscripted prisoners.  The actual, capable, trained Wagner troops that have years of practical combat experience is around 6k.

So, if he pull his people off the line, that's significant.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tripoli

Just a thought, but could he be negotiating for a higher contract price rather than pull his troops off the line before an expected Ukrainian offensive?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln