Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bobarossa

Looks ki d of like a TOW launcher.  Otherwise no idea.

GDS_Starfury

oh ffs, THE 40s era truck in the backround.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 23, 2023, 07:05:02 PMoh ffs, THE 40s era truck in the backround.

US M3 Scout car. A bunch were sent to USSR as lend lease, and stayed in service past the war. So I am guessing that is how it got there.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

Yeah, I don't get why this is so odd.  They have old lend lease junk to shoot at.

The Russians and Ukrainians didn't throw anything away.  It's obviously flagged as a target.  It's probably something dug up from a 70 year old stockpile.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Right. Seventy in Russian Years comes to about 10.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

range target makes sense.  maybe even a local history event.  it was presented as something being used currently.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 23, 2023, 07:05:02 PMoh ffs, THE 40s era truck in the backround.
I thought you were wondering where the third brake light was on that bad boy.   :ROFL:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

DetCord

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 22, 2023, 07:49:45 AMI think we did sit down, listen, and discuss. A lot of the criticism thrown out about the current situation, is that we not only wanted but expected the post-Soviet kleptocracy to stop being a kleptocracy (somewhat how we always not only wanted but expected the CCP to stop being communist and start being more truly democratic), if we just played ball with them more.

What happened was that playing nice-ball with them more, made it easier for them to be more successful tyrants at home, over their own people -- and to infiltrate and subvert the governments who were trying to play nice with them.

Nope, never happened. G.W. initiated a policy of NATO expansion continually seeking to isolate Russia while Putin sought closer ties to China. Obama, Trump, and Biden have continuously expanded upon this policy. The West never 'played ball' with Russia post-Soviet-collapse, ever. Not even remotely. When it came to discussions of including Russia within NATO and the EU sphere they were all tossed into the shitter. Putin was willing to make incredible concessions so as long as Russia was admitted to the EU and granted provisional NATO status. None of this ever took place, ever.

Now Russia is a capitalist wet-dream, circle-jerk, shot to the mouth dystopia. Your IP means nothing, your CP means nothing, your RTD means nothing, everything can be stolen. The initial reforms of the early days of the Putin admin are long gone. Right to assemble, right to protest, freedom of the press, and the early days of the 'Putin Bill' which closely resembled the American First Amendment, all gone.

Nixon predicted it:

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

FarAway Sooner

Detcord, my friend, I don't disagree with your notion of what Western foreign policy has mostly been, but I think what you're proposing above is what my father used to call "an unfalsifiable hypothesis".  Russian politics has always been an unpredictable animal at best, which makes it even harder to predict what might have followed from any false hypothesis.

You may be right.

I may be crazy.

But it just may be a lunatic you're arguing with!   :grin:  Peace to you and yours tonight, my man.