Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Tripoli

Quote from: Windigo on June 23, 2023, 09:37:49 AMWell that is significant.

I'm not sure it is: a resolution has no effect on the actual terms of a treaty, so this is more like congress giving their opinion on a topic.  As a matter of law, renaming a post office has more weight.  With that said, it will irritate the Russians.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

The plant is in annexed territory.  Is it a valid question to ask "why would the bear want to be the cause of radioactive material to be released into what they consider their territory?" 

Remember, the winds blow both eastwards and westwards. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ArizonaTank

The Second Russian Revolution? or just the usual defenestration?

CBS is reporting:

The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary group appears to be threatening an armed rebellion against Russia's military leadership, after accusing it of deliberately shelling his forces on Friday.

Wagner's founder Yevgeny Prigozhin in an audio message on Friday claimed his forces would now punish Russia's defense minister and chief of general staff, telling other units to stand down and not offer resistance.

"There are 25,000 of us and we are coming to sort things out. ... Those who want to join us, it's time to finish with this mess," Prigozhin said.

Prigozhin also accused defense minister Sergey Shoigu of "cowardly fleeing" from Rostov in southern Russia and ordering an attack on Wagner forces.

We've seen a bunch of dirt being thrown by Prigo in the past, so I don't know if this is just bluster or if real.

But I'll give even odds on Prigo falling out of a window any day now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-mercenary-chief-appears-to-threaten-rebellion-questions-invasion/ar-AA1cWwse?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c20787158d414870ba5a27f621950610&ei=12
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Skoop

I think the UN should step in and make the power plant a demilitarized zone and occupied by a neutral force. Only way to ensure that the plausible deniability bullshit that Russia does as part of their hybrid war doctrine doesn't explode the power plant like they did with the dam.

Crossroads

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 23, 2023, 04:16:40 PMThe Second Russian Revolution? or just the usual defenestration?

CBS is reporting:

The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary group appears to be threatening an armed rebellion against Russia's military leadership, after accusing it of deliberately shelling his forces on Friday.

Wagner's founder Yevgeny Prigozhin in an audio message on Friday claimed his forces would now punish Russia's defense minister and chief of general staff, telling other units to stand down and not offer resistance.

"There are 25,000 of us and we are coming to sort things out. ... Those who want to join us, it's time to finish with this mess," Prigozhin said.

Prigozhin also accused defense minister Sergey Shoigu of "cowardly fleeing" from Rostov in southern Russia and ordering an attack on Wagner forces.

We've seen a bunch of dirt being thrown by Prigo in the past, so I don't know if this is just bluster or if real.

But I'll give even odds on Prigo falling out of a window any day now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-mercenary-chief-appears-to-threaten-rebellion-questions-invasion/ar-AA1cWwse?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=c20787158d414870ba5a27f621950610&ei=12

Lots of noise - and maybe it's just that - about this now.

https://twitter.com/sputnik_not/status/1672355756912279553
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

SirAndrewD

Looks like this time Prigozhin is for real.  Moscow times is now reporting that the FSB has ordered Prigozhin arrested and hearing some reports that there is now active fighting between Wagner and Russian troops.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 23, 2023, 05:55:41 PMLooks like this time Prigozhin is for real.  Moscow times is now reporting that the FSB has ordered Prigozhin arrested and hearing some reports that there is now active fighting between Wagner and Russian troops.

Yep, Prigo has gone and done it.

Will be interesting to see if anyone follows him and if he becomes a real threat. Or does he just do a majestic face plant out of a 20 story window?

There is some satisfaction in seeing evil men go after each other. I'd be happy about this except for those thousands of nukes that Russia has sitting around.

Think I'll double check on my stash of potassium iodide tablets.

Wapo's reporting:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wagner-mercenary-boss-faces-arrest-over-incitement-to-armed-rebellion/ar-AA1cXkyk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0a2296e8a7494b6a80f1ac5558b01bca&ei=8#image=1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

Tass is confirming that Wagner has mutinied.  That's a big deal, Tass is just a propaganda arm. 

Hearing reports from Ukrainian sources that Russian forces in Bakhmut including VDV units are declaring for Prigozhin, but that's up in the air right now. 

Some twitter reports are claiming, with some unconfirmed photos, that there's an open revolt at the Wagner staging areas in Rostov and the governor there called out the territorial guard.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Dammit Carl!

Whoo, boy.  Spicy times in Russia tonight!

al_infierno

Starting to sound like Death of Stalin already...

QuotePeskov: Putin had given orders to the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Federal Security Service, Russian Guard Service due to the "attempted armed rebellion". A VChK-OGPU source commented on the situation in Moscow's Federal Security Service and Main Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: "Everyone is up, arrived urgently. Now all the offices are like one big after-party. 80% of the staff reek of alcohol. Some of them can hardly stand on their feet. They can't be armed or sent anywhere. Friday night's the perfect time to start something like this. Everybody's standing around, waiting for something. No introductions. A couple of hours more and there'll be conflicts amongst them when they start to sober up".

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1672393566289641474
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

More and more reports that Wagner troops are already on the road to Moscow from Rostov.

They've thrown up some blockades on the roads with National Guard units and closed the highway, but twitter is reporting that there have already been clashes between the blockades and Wagner and the National Guardsmen abandoned their positions. 

Telegram is reporting there's now a massive armored column heading north towards Moscow and calls for the National Guard units to join the "March to Justice".