Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

what the actual fuck just happened?   :uglystupid2:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 24, 2023, 05:29:14 PMwhat the actual fuck just happened?   :uglystupid2:

Russia.  Russia happened.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tripoli

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 24, 2023, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 24, 2023, 05:29:14 PMwhat the actual fuck just happened?   :uglystupid2:

I'm going back to playing games.  They make more sense.....  :laugh:
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 24, 2023, 06:13:39 AM

You know, that song is actually much more conservative than it seems.

Now, if you want to listen to one of the Beatles going revolutionary, try listening to Lennon's "Imagine".

I am thankful that Prigozhin didn't get control of Russias  nuclear arsenal, but if this is the end, I would love to have seen more chaos caused for the Russians in Ukraine.

As with everything that happens in this war and with the country of Russia, it's difficult to know exactly what is going on.

GDS_Starfury

so what are the chances of the wagner guy replacing lubi in Belarus?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: SirAndrewD on June 24, 2023, 05:31:57 PM

yes but what are the nuts and blots of it?  I dont expect an answer but I totally get russia being russia.

GDS_Starfury

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 24, 2023, 05:45:03 PMso what are the chances of the wagner guy replacing lubi in Belarus?

Possible.  Lukashenko is also in extremely poor health, possibly worse than Putin so there's about to be an open seat there.  Prighozhin may end up pulling his strings to the point that he's the power behind the throne, if not sitting in the throne himself. 

For now I imagine that Prighzhin will be happy to manipulate things behind the curtain as much as possible.  That was his MO when he was secretly behind Utkin founding Wagner, and he's preferred to be quiet all the way up until he started making his play at Bakhmut. 

There's no way Lukashenko actually talked him down, it's far more likely he was there to kiss the ring.

Prigozhin had Moscow by the balls this afternoon.  There was no real force capable of defending the city and the Russian Air Force was MIA.  There's no way he backed down without very good reason, he had far too much leverage. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

and thats what doesnt make any sense.

anyway, back to my most recent binge watch of BSG.

al_infierno

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 24, 2023, 06:10:16 PMand thats what doesnt make any sense.

anyway, back to my most recent binge watch of BSG.

you expect things that make sense to come out of Russia?   :justice:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

A little more info sheds a bit more light on what happened this afternoon. 

Wagner had been meeting at least some resistance on the M4, having the road torn up and a few airstrikes that were seen off by Strela batteries. 

However, one strike by a KA-52 took out an fuel depot that Wagner had tried to seize off the M4 that would supply them in their assault on Moscow.  The Ka-52 was lost in the process but the depot was destroyed.

Further, Kadryov's Chechens declared for the MOD had had pulled out of the fight along the front lines and were moving in large numbers towards Rostov.  Wagner had left a couple of companies in the city to hold it, but they would not have been able to prevent being overrun. 

Putin and the MOD were out of Moscow hours before Wagner would arrive and he was well on his way to the Urals by the time that Wagner began to deploy for its taking of Moscow.  Moscow was defended by a mix of police, National Guard and some regular army forces setting up checkpoints. 

It was then that Prigozhin cut his deal.  Again, we don't know what the deal was, but it doesn't look like Wagner's hand was quite as strong as it looked earlier.  Wagner still could've taken Moscow, but with Kadryov's Chechens on his tail it would've been hard to hold it and they wouldn't have bagged any of the government leadership. 

Things will become more clear soon depending on what happens with the Russian MOD.  Make sure to note that whatever deal Putin made can be easily backed out of without Prigozhin in direct command of his troops. 

Even if the Chef is given promises for increased power behind the scenes, Minsk has windows too.

Gusington

Was there any armor protecting Moscow? Does Wagner have their own armor?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 24, 2023, 07:53:35 PMWas there any armor protecting Moscow? Does Wagner have their own armor?

It doesn't seem there was, and yes, Wagner even had some T-90's. 

GDS_Starfury

these fucking morons cant even revolution right!  :Loser:

Gusington

Russians sure are living in interesting days.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd