Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelmsm

Well let's see, I've got the Pantex complex just 80 miles north of me. That's the place the handle nuke maintenance of some sort if you didn't know.  Also, Bell has an Osprey assembly plant there. Then I have Cannon AFB about 70 miles west of me.  Home to Special Operations aircraft of all sorts.  Then about 200 miles south I have Dyess AFB where B-1 bombers are based.  That just leaves East and it's just about 120 miles to Shepard AFB.  Nothing like being in the middle of all that.   :HideEyes:

GDS_Starfury

lets see... within a 100 miles of me Ive got Homestead AFB, Cape Kennedy, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Port Everglades, Port of Miami, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, and just tons of other shit.  all of it compressed withing 20 miles of the coast.  fuck it, aint gonna worry about it.
fuck russia!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt

I'm honestly a little surprised someone hasn't composited a photo of a Russian nuclear backpack onto a Ghostbuster with a quip about an unlicensed nuclear accelerator. The mass and size seem about right...?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

An economic analysis of Putin's negotiation to allow grain shipments out, for access of its biggest (only?) agricultural banks system to the SWIFT banking system -- among a few other things, like a pipeline opened and agricultural equipment imports.

Plus some updates to the coupy plots in Russia as of today.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

FarAway Sooner

Just to be clear, the impacts from detonating one isolated warhead would have horrific human costs, but the fatality rate outside a couple mile radius would be modest.  Cancer rates would soar for the next 30 years, but most of the nuclear destruction we learned about 40 or 50 years ago was based on MIRV warheads sprinkling nuclear fireballs in a broad radius around a central target.

I think the Eastern European scenario is more likely.  Last I heard, if somebody decides to detonate a nuke in New York City, it'll likely be done via a container ship pulling into port.  I'm sure that container security has improved in the last 20 years, but I'm sure it's not yet perfect.

GDS_Starfury

aint sayin it aint gonna happen but it hasnt happened yet.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

W8 your post on Coast Guard activity off the US east coast is the only mention I have seen of that...thankfully.

After reading through the last three pages I also think the most likely nuclear disaster to happen would be one backpack sized weapon used in some kind of terror attack in eastern Europe.

Think of the Chechen terror attacks in Moscow, but worse if possible.

I guess it's always possible.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Say, speaking of fighting near the Voronezh 45 nuclear weapons storage site.... supposedly, there's fighting going on near the Voronezh 45 nuclear weapons storage site!

I know nothing about the Daily Express US, but they're a little sceptical of the source, an anti-Putin pro-Ukrainian site.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/key-russian-city-under-attack-explosions-near-nuclear-facility-targeted-by-wagner/ar-AA1dQWps?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=99ff60a3d3584216925194a1ee76d85f&ei=40

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on July 14, 2023, 08:21:50 AMW8 your post on Coast Guard activity off the US east coast is the only mention I have seen of that...thankfully.

Yup, can't find anything either on this.  Not sure what to think.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk