Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

dug a little bit more and it seems they started looking into changing the laws around November of last year.
I would imagine the problems quite a bit worse now.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

I was thinking, huh, that defensive deployment of an AAD sure is a classic Stalinist move (although to be fair the Airborne Assault Divisions, and Corps, and Armies, did almost inarguably save the Soviet Union once upon a time, which is why they're always called "Guards" now). And I wondered what the next Stalinist move would be.

I wasn't expecting child labor in the factories, but in hindsight that was OBVIOUSLY going to be a move sooner or later.

Next let's see if Putin institutes the death penalty for minors at factories...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, the post-Soviet modernization of T-59s continues apace as demonstrated in this propaganda video...  :evil:

Much like the Armata, this should revolutionize warfare and prove that modern Russia is indeed at the cutting edge of military technology using the finest quality North Korean materials and parts! (Developed for fighting robot locusts.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

that south east push is going to be where its at.

GDS_Starfury

and this is why they cost roughly $6 million each.

The Armed Forces lost only 5 of 71 Leopard 2 tanks during the summer counter-offensive, Forbes magazine reported.

In addition, about 10 tanks were damaged and are being repaired. At the same time, almost all "Leopards" took part in the battles, except for 14, which were later delivered, and almost all members of the Leopard 2 crews managed to get out of the stricken tanks before they were destroyed.

Gusington

^That is awesome news if all true. Get Ukraine dozens more Leopards!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

would be nice.  the swiss are once again holding up delivery of someone else's Leo1a5 because, well because their swiss and like oligarch money.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2023, 11:03:47 AMwould be nice.  the swiss are once again holding up delivery of someone else's Leo1a5 because, well because their swiss and like oligarch money.

What are the actual consequences if all involved say fuck you switzerland, it's happening

Gusington

Swiss go nuts and invade Lichtenstein?  :uglystupid2:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2023, 11:50:30 AMSwiss go nuts and invade Lichtenstein?  :uglystupid2:

With their pointy helmets and stripey uniforms

Fk you Switzerland

Come at us

SirAndrewD

The Battle of Verbove is in full swing today.  The UAF seems to be all in on breaking the line and the Russians seem to be equally committed.

The Russians abandoned the Pryitune salient and moved its forces west to Verbove to strengthen the line, and the 76th GAAD and VDV are both fully present and in the fight.

No idea what way it's going now.  Russian milbloggers are jubilant claiming the Ukrainian offensive was crushed and the 76th GAAD is in full counterattack, rolling back the entire counteroffensive and threatening to retake Robotyne with a counterthrust into the UAF flank.  I see absolutely nothing to confirm this beyond their claims.

Ukrainian sources are quiet but reporting at least some "success" towards Verbove with some Russian units falling back but little else.

This kind of info leads me to think we're in the biggest fight of the offensive right now and we're probably not going to know what really happened for a couple of days.

Either way this is decisive.  Verbove is the anchor point for the Surovikin line in this area as we knew weeks ago.  It's fall is just as critical as the fall of Robotyne was last week.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

The more I learn about this war the more it appears to be like multiple Battles of Verdun linked together.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

my gut feeling is that the 76th's redeployment may have been to fast and to late.
we'll have to wait and see.