Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 19, 2023, 10:09:48 AMprobably they arent allowed to retreat.  and if they did fall back that helps further stick russians to Bakmut.

I've heard blocking squads have been around since last year (to keep assaults going forward, and also to stiffen against retreats), but I don't recall reading or hearing about any action from them. Probably a lapse of my memory.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

They used them in the assault on Bakhmut. Lots of Drone footage of them in action. Russia is truly a nation devoid of humanity and respect for human life.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

FarAway Sooner

Watching that video of the Lep2, I was really disappointed in the tank driver.  When he changed lanes, he didn't use his turn indicator light.

GDS_Starfury

pretty sure there was no oncoming traffic.  :ThumbsUp:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

I think I saw him use a hand-signal Sooner. You probably already know which one. Not this one... :peace:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Crossroads

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on September 19, 2023, 07:41:09 PMWatching that video of the Lep2, I was really disappointed in the tank driver.  When he changed lanes, he didn't use his turn indicator light.

It is so annoying how pretty much all the drivers with expensive German vehicles behave like they own the road  :tickedoff:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Crossroads

A new article from Lawrence Freedman, where he ponders if Russia's invasion is in a stalemate, and what a stale mate actually is all about. Zugzwang, now there's a chess term I was not aware of.

I quite enjoy his writing, so it was again.

https://samf.substack.com/p/stalemate-zugzwang-and-a-long-middle
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

in case my position wasn't clear.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

well I didn't want to risk being misunderstood.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd