Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Polish / Ukraine dispute over grain getting serious.  Poland says it will stop sending weapons to Ukraine over the dispute.

I hope that with all of those well-paid bureaucrats in the EU, somebody will figure out how to resolve this intra-European trade dispute. Anyway, the headline is bound to spice up Putin's day...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/poland-to-stop-sending-weapons-to-ukraine-over-grain-fight/ar-AA1h2Srf?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9ac561ac902347f0a9dc9eb3b646d7d1&ei=13
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

not to worried as this is mostly about Polish elections.  Duda and Zelensky were in meetings about this yesterday and today the "Ukraine and Poland agreed to find a joint solution regarding the export of grain. This became known as a result of the conversation between the Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, Mykola Solskyi, and his Polish colleague, Robert Telus."
trying to find the direct link to this comment.
theres also the idea that Poland doesn't have that much more to give in the way of military equipment.
as per the Economist:
"But on September 20th its prime minister, Mateusz Morawiecki, said that his country was no longer supplying weapons to its neighbour, and would focus on rearming itself with modern kit. It is unclear whether Mr Morawiecki's comments amounted to a change in policy: Poland has already sent Ukraine much of its stock of Soviet-era weaponry, including tanks and jets, and the transit of Western aid and arms to Ukraine, of which around 90% goes through Poland, will continue unobstructed."
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

also from FT:

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
   https://www.ft.com/content/0a4a460b-744c-4bcf-943a-2ed852718fef

"We provided so much equipment at the beginning of the war, when we wanted to be the second-biggest helper after the US, that we're now in any case limited in terms of providing much more," said former Polish general Jarosław Stróżyk, who is assistant professor of international relations at the University of Wrocław. "We're in the middle of an election campaign and all these comments are unfortunate, also because Poland transfers so much military equipment to Ukraine from other nations . . . It shows we did not solve some strategic questions and tensions with Ukraine at the start of the war, about other historical, political and economic differences."

GDS_Starfury

this is about as close as you can get.
ffs the tweet exists.  its a T64 hitting a T90 from across a tree line.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1704579313092210939

Gusington

Yeah it is not that unbelievable that some countries are now running low on weapons. Probably should not be letting the world and the Russians know that, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

its the soviet era stuff Poland is running low on and Ukraine is moving to NATO standard anyway.

bobarossa

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 21, 2023, 09:08:28 AMthis is about as close as you can get.
ffs the tweet exists.  its a T64 hitting a T90 from across a tree line.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1704579313092210939
I can't see it but could be because I don't have a Twitter/X account.

FarAway Sooner

I'll stick take Poland over Russia in a hearbeat, but I do wonder whether Poland might be turning into a bit of a loose cannon within the NATO alliance.  Its domestic politics are... volatile and not always aligned with traditional Western values. 

And, if Russia is reduced to Chinese vassal status in the next 20 years, Poland seems the most likely actor to move into that power vacuum.  Their military build-up has already been dramatic.

I'm NOT saying we need to chuck Poland.  But, if we're thinking longer-term than just getting Russia defanged, we can't assume that the "enemy of my enemy" status that's kept Poland firmly aligned with the rest of NATO for the last quarter-century will automatically persist.

The biggest challenge with democratic allies is that their governments keep changing!   :martini:

GDS_Starfury

this row is more about their election next month then any real issues with Ukraine.
at least thats my take on it from the reading I've done.
Duda's speech yesterday was pretty good.

GDS_Starfury

Windigo

Thanks for following through on this one Star.

Amazing that the UAF tank got so close. I am wondering if it was because they had trouble spotting too, or they came up from behind?

Speaks to the value of having infantry support to be a bit like trip wire notification that something's amiss. (although with the Russkiy morale being so shitty I would not be surprised if they would just run away like Cerebus is chasing them).
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

theres some debate if that was recent or from last summer and as to whether its a T90 export or a T72.

and now.... Maxims.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1704630189668311479

GDS_Starfury

some interesting stuff going down around Verbove and UkAF drone strikes in Crimea.
I hate the info lag.