Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

'The Walrus and the Viper: Obvious Capitalist Stooges' by Vlad Putin  :Nerd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Come to think of it, weren't those the Nazi Party codenames for Goring and Himmler?  :shocked:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

I realize it couldn't be true, but that photo looks like a Russian (i.e. Wagner) support truck drove through the wreckage then after it was clear flipped over on a large piece of debris and wrecked itself.

Then again, Russia is such a homicidal clown show now, I don't know what can't be true.

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 26, 2023, 10:26:14 PMCome to think of it, weren't those the Nazi Party codenames for Goering and Himmler?  :shocked:

Well played.  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bobarossa

I'm guessing there weren't a lot of survivors.  And it does look like a truck drove through the wreckage and was assimilated.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 27, 2023, 12:25:07 PMI realize it couldn't be true, but that photo looks like a Russian (i.e. Wagner) support truck drove through the wreckage then after it was clear flipped over on a large piece of debris and wrecked itself.

Then again, Russia is such a homicidal clown show now, I don't know what can't be true.

Good catch. That is what it looks like.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I thought at first that the truck fell out of the airplane but looking closer see that there is barely anything left of the airplane or what was inside it...maybe that truck was fire and rescue? Do Russians even have fire and rescue?

Also maybe the airplane actually hit the truck on its way to destiny?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Looking at the video, it looks like the IL-76 never had enough runway, without using a lot of reverse thrust.  Possibly a malfunction of that system?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

The apparent tracks of the truck, which look freshly dug and do not go beyond the body of the truck, sure look like they went over/thru the ashes of the body, which would mean after the jet had finished burning. Also looks like the same tracks can be seen, a little more faintly, on the opposite side of the fusilage from where that truck ended up.

That would suggest the truck traveled normally into the ashes, then started digging its tracks more deeply on the other side until it flipped -- the tracks stop at that point, where the piece of debris on the tracks lies. (Or the truck tracks go a little farther.)

Now, however, I notice that part of the ash pile looks disturbed on the (photo-)right side of the wreckage, but not enough for the truck to have gone through the ash to clear ground.

That suggests the truck was driving through the ash, hit a piece of big debris, then dragged the debris along (clearing ash and making furrows with the tire tracks now) until the truck flipped over and left the debris behind.

That truck is clearly a story in itself. Maybe a story involving too much vodka or Mali's equivalents thereof.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Or NCIS, given the military theme.

ArizonaTank

There are a ton of folks talking about how it ends. 

But this one is interesting: RAND analyst predicts Korean War style ending; no negotiated peace but a long-term cease-fire.

Given that both sides aren't going back down...this is a likely scenario IMHO. But I think it is still many months away. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/he-predicted-the-war-here-s-his-take-on-how-it-will-end/ar-AA1hmufy?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e6d6152fdd264098a6d5a27b5faee1b8&ei=9
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.