Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on January 08, 2024, 08:49:46 PMThat is horrible.

Sure isn't going to help the Russian demographic collapse.

Even leaving aside the compounded human tragedy on both sides, it's increasingly possible that even if Russia took over all ("the") Ukraine, they won't have staved off their 10-year collapse clock. It might be more like 5-years by then.

And less than 5-years if they essentially fail to gain anything useful to Russia as a whole.

Securing the Donbass capitals by seizing control of the western hinterlands as a buffer zone, was never going to help Russia as a whole, even if that's spun as a political victory; which is why they were going all in for the whole national territory control, from the beginning. At this point, I'm not sure keeping a land-line of supply to western Crimea, as well as keeping all Crimea, would help Russia as whole enough to offset the catastrophic extra population (and cultural) damage to Russia. They're about to be equivalent to a cargo cult with some randomly functioning nukes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually gave a shit about their country and countrymen/women. But it's soulless oligarchs running things over there. Like serial killers, they'll only have remorse when they are finally busted.

Kind of like the people on the Epstein list I guess.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Windigo on January 09, 2024, 03:30:14 PMBut it's soulless oligarchs running things over there.

I prefer the term Kleptocrat.  Oligarch implies someone has actual power beyond Putin. 

The last "oligarch" that thought he was powerful ended up "juggling a hand grenade" in an airplane.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Windigo

Kleptocrat it is then. I like that term better.

Gusington

I'm curious what is Russia now will be in 25-50 years.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 09, 2024, 10:15:27 PMI'm curious what is Russia now will be in 25-50 years.

Ask and you shall recieve!

I'll give you the cliffs notes.  A restored Russian Empire with its former territories all incorporated that becomes the world "mecca" of traditional values, a broken Europe firmly in Russia's sphere of influence outside of the smaller states that will become backwater "caliphates", A Russian/Chinese hegemony over world power, and a destroyed United States and Canada broken up upon ethnic lines.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

:huh:

That recap was much darker than I was hoping for. Dare I watch the video or will I spasm?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 10, 2024, 02:15:56 PM:huh:

That recap was much darker than I was hoping for. Dare I watch the video or will I spasm?

It's pretty stomach churning and blood vessel bursting.  There's even a map of the future new world order.

Gusington

I probably can't handle that right now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 10, 2024, 02:26:55 PMI probably can't handle that right now.

It's pretty bad and the thing that is concerning is the beginning of the ethnic rhetoric creeping into Russian propaganda.  It's always been there but it's getting stronger and starting to become a central point in Russian rhetoric.  There's a heaping helping of anti-Semitism and what could only be described as White Supremacy in what he very calmly is describing. 

He frames it with the US as well, predicting that White Christian America will eventually purge the ethnic undesirables and align with Russia.  He names the political and media leaders that will champion that rise, but I'm not going to open that can of worms in the forum.

Gusington

^Thank you.

Russia: the new Germany.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on January 10, 2024, 02:26:55 PMI probably can't handle that right now.

don't get your panties all bunched up Gus.  its russian wish list propaganda that won't come close to happening.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 10, 2024, 05:28:21 PM

don't get your panties all bunched up Gus.  its russian wish list propaganda that won't come close to happening.

and the bi-partisan tribalism going on in your country is not being inflamed by foreign actors? *cough* bullshit

GDS_Starfury

it is but I actually have some faith left in this society to sort itself out.

naive I know.