Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 14, 2024, 10:24:04 PMso the rumor is that Ukraine bagged a A-50 AWAC and a Il-22 over the Sea of Azov today.....

No no, not at all, it is being used for CAS for Moskva.

https://twitter.com/reshetz/status/1746646598359068877
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

The A-50 is quite the overweight bumblebee, damn.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 19, 2024, 11:41:45 AMSome analysis

I would have never predicted the list of hardware heroes in this war:

-Turkish Bayraktar drone
-US HIMARS
-German Flak Panzer Gepard SPAA
-US Bradley APC
-Australian Bushmaster (protected mobility vehicle)
-US M777 155mm artillery

of course there are some others that were predictable:

-German Leo 2
-US Patriot
-UK NLAW ATGM
-US Javelin ATGM

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

and all of those are our left over shit.....

bobarossa

I had been thinking the bradley shell slid along the front of the T90 and detonated all of its reactive armor at once.  Not sure what reactive armor looks like when it goes off.  The smoke launcher makes more sense.  Pretty sure the T90 is out of action for a while.

bobarossa

Surprised no one has posted about the oil fire in Bryansk region.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68029235

I find this a hilarious statement:
"The Bryansk governor said the drone was intercepted near the town of Klintsy and its explosives then fell on the oil depot." 

It's like saying we successfully shot down the drone and it accidently fell on its target and destroyed it.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: bobarossa on January 19, 2024, 12:56:49 PMNot sure what reactive armor looks like when it goes off. 

the big frontal explosion is the ERA cooking off.

JasonPratt

So what's the tally of T-90s now? How many remain? Someone was keeping track of that a while back.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 19, 2024, 11:08:39 PMSo what's the tally of T-90s now? How many remain? Someone was keeping track of that a while back.

Russia has been able to clear the bottlenecks on T-90 production so they've been able to replace at least some losses.

Estimates are that pre-war Russia had about 600-700 operational T-90's.

Today after losses and replacement Russia is operating about 350-400.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback