Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

The truth never bothered him, anyways.

GDS_Starfury

either way its going to a hard few months for Ukraine.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Jarhead0331

I've been quiet about the one or two comments posted about the interview, but this is now crossing the line, so drop it. If you want to mock the only western journalist actually doing...journalism...go do it someplace else.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

journalism   :ROFL:
giving any kind of support to russia should be a no go moment.
at some point an element of normality needs to be reinjected into the common discourse and the extreme ends need to be minimized.

Con

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 11, 2024, 04:21:53 PMI've been quiet about the one or two comments posted about the interview, but this is now crossing the line, so drop it. If you want to mock the only western journalist actually doing...journalism...go do it someplace else.
Not my bag to comment on politics but this is propaganda and not journalism 

Jarhead0331

Locked until people can respect the rules.

Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

I am unlocking this thread now. As you can see, our forums were very active without posting in this topic and most of the discussions were game related, which quite honestly, is the way I prefer it. As such, I'll have no qualms about locking this one again if our rules, and in turn, the Admins, are not respected.

Thank you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2024, 10:18:04 PMI am unlocking this thread now. As you can see, our forums were very active without posting in this topic and most of the discussions were game related, which quite honestly, is the way I prefer it. As such, I'll have no qualms about locking this one again if our rules, and in turn, the Admins, are not respected.

Thank you.

Despite the fact that this was locked for reasons that were, in my opinion, beyond R&P and were in fact for reasons not valid, and in fact we had a large number of significant members not posting since its locking I'd honestly say this..

I like this forum as game related.  I like the people here.  I hated R&P and while I feel this forum has value I don't feel we are going to get fair representation here going forward. 

This topic is going to be a significant issue going forward in Western Politics, it's been made so.  This will be something that's going to keep going for a long time.  We're not done with it.

If this is a gaming forum why don't we make it one?  You know where this topic will go, I know it.  I've got a MA in this and I know exactly what's going to happen in the next few years.

Despite the great info here it might be time to let it lie?  Just a suggestion and not one I'm fond of. 

I am just one of those guys that's been here since the Wargamer and held on and would like to see us keep on keeping on as a community.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 13, 2024, 10:26:21 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 13, 2024, 10:18:04 PMI am unlocking this thread now. As you can see, our forums were very active without posting in this topic and most of the discussions were game related, which quite honestly, is the way I prefer it. As such, I'll have no qualms about locking this one again if our rules, and in turn, the Admins, are not respected.

Thank you.

Despite the fact that this was locked for reasons that were, in my opinion, beyond R&P and were in fact for reasons not valid, and in fact we had a large number of significant members not posting since its locking I'd honestly say this..

I like this forum as game related.  I like the people here.  I hated R&P and while I feel this forum has value I don't feel we are going to get fair representation here going forward. 

This topic is going to be a significant issue going forward in Western Politics, it's been made so.  This will be something that's going to keep going for a long time.  We're not done with it.

If this is a gaming forum why don't we make it one?  You know where this topic will go, I know it.  I've got a MA in this and I know exactly what's going to happen in the next few years.

Despite the great info here it might be time to let it lie?  Just a suggestion and not one I'm fond of. 

I am just one of those guys that's been here since the Wargamer and held on and would like to see us keep on keeping on as a community.

If you want to express your opinion about the direction of the foum, please do it someplace else. Its very much off-topic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Crossroads

Glad to see we're open to business again. I quite like it here among wargamers. Topics, discussions, the occasional banter, very similar to what we have live at our local board game club. Fully agree: let us be respectable to each other.

Meanwhile, more submersibles for the Russian Black Sea fleet?

https://twitter.com/jurgen_nauditt/status/1757653667568636248
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: SirAndrewD on February 13, 2024, 10:26:21 PM-snip-
-snip-
I've got a MA in this and I know exactly what's going to happen in the next few years.
-snip-
Current Events will be a busy subforum as how things are moving about. Escalation's name of the game. Agreed, this topic's going nowhere, while several others will likely pop up, too. As they already have.

May you live in interesting times.

We're jinxed, for certain.

Windigo

Looks like the Russians will have to make due with 1 less Large Landing Craft. It appears that the UAF sunk another one.

Damn they are getting good at that type of operation
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury